where does querydef store expression fields?
Author Message
 where does querydef store expression fields?

Hello,

I have a query that has calculated fields. e.g. calcval: [value *
[scalefactor]
if I look at the QueryDef object the qdf.fields(...).SourceTable and
.SourceField properties are empty and I can't seem to find a property that
stores the above expression.
Am I looking in the wrong place or what am I missing here ....

thanks for any clue

Fredi Goettler

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 where does querydef store expression fields?

Quote:
>Hello,

>I have a query that has calculated fields. e.g. calcval: [value *
>[scalefactor]
>if I look at the QueryDef object the qdf.fields(...).SourceTable and
>.SourceField properties are empty and I can't seem to find a property that
>stores the above expression.
>Am I looking in the wrong place or what am I missing here ....

AFAIK they are not stored in any particular place except for qdf.SQL
property.

--
(remove a 9 to reply by email)

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Acc20: Working Querydef's SQL Property Yields Unsupported Join Expression

2. Jet crashes when doing a querydef

3. Jet crashes when doing a querydef

4. Jet crashes when doing a querydef

5. Can I use queryDef objects as stored procedures?

6. Oracle Stored Procedure from DAO using QueryDef SQL Passthrough

7. Using stored procedure in querydef(Urgent)

8. Modify/ set Format property for QueryDef field in code

9. Append Fields to QueryDef: Clarification

10. Adding fields using QueryDef

11. Create Querydef field that calls VBA function

12. text field in querydef truncating at 255