Automatically update fields
Author Message
 Automatically update fields

I am using Word 2000.

I have created a form and have created bookmarks and cross-
references to those bookmarks.

My problem is that the cross-references only update on the
print command.

I know that the users of this form are going to want to
see the data instantly, or at best click a command button
that will update the fields.

The form is a protected form, so selecting ctrl+A and F9
does not work.

Suggestions?

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:53:24 GMT
 Automatically update fields
well, you could make a macro for

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update

-khai

Quote:
> I am using Word 2000.

> I have created a form and have created bookmarks and cross-
> references to those bookmarks.

> My problem is that the cross-references only update on the
> print command.

> I know that the users of this form are going to want to
> see the data instantly, or at best click a command button
> that will update the fields.

> The form is a protected form, so selecting ctrl+A and F9
> does not work.

> Suggestions?

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:05:27 GMT
 Automatically update fields

Khai:

I did as you suggested.  I inserted a command button and
used your code on the "on click" command.

Nothing happened.

Anything else?

Quote:

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:12:27 GMT
 Automatically update fields
In the code how about unprotecting the document, updating all the
fields and then shoving the protection back on again?

Malc
  www.dragondrop.com

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:49:17 GMT
 Automatically update fields
I tried this, but the only thing that updates are the
fields; not the cross-references to the bookmarks.

The cross-references won't update until the document is
printed.

Any other suggestions?

Quote:

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:53:52 GMT
 Automatically update fields
If you do a File ->Print-> then hit the options button int he bottom left
corner, Is Update Links checked?

If you have a macro that creates teh links based on the values of the
bookmarks, then maybe you could pass the values to the macro, and have the
form 'recreate' itself.

-khai

Quote:
> I tried this, but the only thing that updates are the
> fields; not the cross-references to the bookmarks.

> The cross-references won't update until the document is
> printed.

> Any other suggestions?

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:20:15 GMT

1. Searching and automatically updating fields

2. Automatically Update Field

3. Automatically Update Fields in Word

4. Automatically Update fields

5. How to have Record_Edit_Date field automatically updated?

6. Using--After Update-- to update field in table.

7. Updating fields: footer doesn't update right

8. 2nd SQL Server update after update text field corrupts row - using RDO

9. Updating data to a memo field using SQL UPDATE

10. How to update datetime field with NULL using ADO update

11. Using Update to update an Access field

12. Use report fields to update table fields