Accessing the Exchange Address Book from Microsoft Access
Author Message
 Accessing the Exchange Address Book from Microsoft Access

I would like to use the built-in Exchange address book as the main
repository and link additional fields to the contacts.

1. How would I go about attaching the Exchange Recipients container to my
Access database?

2. Is there any particular field that would lend itself to linking
additional information to the contacts? I was thinking of the alias as that
should be a unique field. Or does each address book entry have a certain
unique ID that would be better?

Any help in steering me in the right direction would be appreciated! Thanks!

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing the Exchange Address Book from Microsoft Access
Found an Exchange() ODBC item in my links, but while it allows me to fully
access any Exchange folder, the address books are read only. Anybody know
how to enable write access to the address book?

Quote:
> I would like to use the built-in Exchange address book as the main
> repository and link additional fields to the contacts.

> 1. How would I go about attaching the Exchange Recipients container to my
> Access database?

> 2. Is there any particular field that would lend itself to linking
> additional information to the contacts? I was thinking of the alias as
that
> should be a unique field. Or does each address book entry have a certain
> unique ID that would be better?

> Any help in steering me in the right direction would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing Exchange Address Book and Contact information

2. Access Exchange Address Book

3. MS Access to MS Exchange Address Book??

4. Outlook/Exchange address book access help

5. Accessing MS Exchange Address Book from an ASP file

6. Accessing Exchange Address Book and Contact information

7. Microsoft Exchange Mapi Visual Basic adding entries to address book

8. Need Help Accessing Outlook Address Book From Access

9. Microsoft Access table to Microsoft Outlook Address List

10. access Microsoft Outlook from Microsoft Access

11. VB 4.0 Code accessing Microsoft Exchange boxes

12. Accessing Microsoft Exchange Server Information