Can't get rid of customised menu item
Author Message
 Can't get rid of customised menu item

I've been prototyping a few macros in a Word 2000 global
template. I decided to tidy things up, and gave the macros
better names.

Now - I had 'overridden' things like the File->Print menu
item by dragging the macro name into the File menu, and
changing the displayed name to Print... .

Because the entry point of the associated macro is
changed, Word cannot find the macro. So - I simply deleted
the customised item from the menu.

BUT - I can't get rid of it. Everytime I go through the
same procedure to link up the new macro, Word insists on
looking for the old macro (Whose name I have forgotten). I
can access my new macro by entering two new items on the
menu. One points to the new macro, but the first reverts
to the old one.

Any ideas on how to get the template to forget all about
the original macro name?

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:22:57 GMT

1. How to display accelerator text in customised menu items

2. Accelerator text in customised menu items

3. Getting rid of that annoying 'DING!'

4. Customised menu conflict with menu addin from other application

5. Popup menu (getting rid of it)

6. Item won't delete, but I got rid of my error message

7. Adding Menu Items to App's System Menu using VB5.0

8. 'Canned' data in VB program

9. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

10. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

11. Converting Existing ITems to Customised form

12. Displaying '&' in a Menu Item