Strange Behaviour on MultiPage
Author Message
 Strange Behaviour on MultiPage

I have a small routine which uses a MultiPage form (two pages) to gather
information which is then placed in a database file (using ADO).

On the second page of the MultiPage, if a particular checkbox is selected,
a second UserForm pops up asking for specific details (The multiPage
remains visible "behind" the new Detail form). Once the user selects the
"Done" button on the detail UserForm, I expect the user to continue
entering some other detail on the Second page.  When I run the macro at
home, that works perfectly.

When I run the macro at work everything works *EXCEPT* when the user
selects the "Done" button, the MultiPage changes to page 1.  You will
understand how confusing this will be to the user....

Any ideas?

System & Software Specifications:

Home:
Celeron 366
128 Mb RAM
Win 98 SE
Office 2000

Office:
P2 400
128 Mb RAM
Win NT
Office 2000

Thanks

Gary

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:36:31 GMT
 Strange Behaviour on MultiPage
Hi Too Big,

I can't explain why the multipage behaves differently on two different
computers. Nor am I able to create a scenario here where the multipage
changes value. You're not using the Activate or Deactivate events of either
userform, are you?

What happens if you add a statement to explicitly set the multipage value
after displaying the detail form? Presumably you have a button_click event
the displays the detail form? Modify it so it includes something like:

frmDetailForm.Show
MultiPage1.Value = 1

Does this help?

Bill Coan

Quote:
> I have a small routine which uses a MultiPage form (two pages) to gather
> information which is then placed in a database file (using ADO).

> On the second page of the MultiPage, if a particular checkbox is selected,
> a second UserForm pops up asking for specific details (The multiPage
> remains visible "behind" the new Detail form). Once the user selects the
> "Done" button on the detail UserForm, I expect the user to continue
> entering some other detail on the Second page.  When I run the macro at
> home, that works perfectly.

> When I run the macro at work everything works *EXCEPT* when the user
> selects the "Done" button, the MultiPage changes to page 1.  You will
> understand how confusing this will be to the user....

> Any ideas?

> System & Software Specifications:

> Home:
> Celeron 366
> 128 Mb RAM
> Win 98 SE
> Office 2000

> Office:
> P2 400
> 128 Mb RAM
> Win NT
> Office 2000

> Thanks

> Gary

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:09:53 GMT
 Strange Behaviour on MultiPage
Bill,

Quote:
> I can't explain why the multipage behaves differently on two different
> computers. Nor am I able to create a scenario here where the multipage
> changes value. You're not using the Activate or Deactivate events of
> either userform, are you?

There are two different cases where this phenomenon occurs. Both occur when
a second UserForm is displayed after a user selects a checkbox.  The first
("Refused") displays a UserForm called frmRefusedReason while the other
checkbox is called "Incomplete". It activates a UserForm called
frmIncompleteReason.  The code that displays the UserForms is as follows:

Private Sub chkRefused_Click()
    If chkRefused.Value = -1 Then
        txtRefusedDate.Text = Date
    Else
        txtRefusedDate.Text = ""
    End If

    frmRefusedReason.Show
End Sub

Private Sub chkIncomplete_Click()
    If chkIncomplete.Value = -1 Then
        txtIncompleteDate.Text = Date
        frmIncompleteReason.Show
    Else
        txtIncompleteDate.Text = ""
    End If

End Sub

Now I just happened to notice that the ".show" is in a different spot in
each case however that makes no difference here at home (I will make them
the same however as there is no reason to display the UserForm if the
checkbox is being deselected.)

The code to close the detail UserForms (both of them) is run when the user
selects a button named "cmdDone".  Their code looks like this:

Private Sub cmdDone_Click()
    strIncompleteReason = txtIncompleteReason.Text
    TabForm.txtIncompleteReason.Text = strIncompleteReason
    Unload frmIncompleteReason
End Sub

Private Sub cmdDone_Click()
    strRefusedReason = txtRefusedReason.Text
    TabForm.txtRefusalReason.Text = strRefusedReason
    Unload frmRefusedReason
End Sub

Quote:
> What happens if you add a statement to explicitly set the multipage
> value after displaying the detail form? Presumably you have a
> button_click event the displays the detail form? Modify it so it
> includes something like:

I'll try that when I return to work on Monday.  I had thought of going that
way previously but was trying to understand what caused this phenomenom.

As for helping, the responses from the MVP folk here are *ALWAYS* helpful
if only to show we're not totally crazy!  <smile>

Thanks Bill

Gary

Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:03:09 GMT
 Strange Behaviour on MultiPage
Hi Gary,

Let us know what you find out.

Bill Coan

Quote:
> Bill,

> > I can't explain why the multipage behaves differently on two different
> > computers. Nor am I able to create a scenario here where the multipage
> > changes value. You're not using the Activate or Deactivate events of
> > either userform, are you?

> There are two different cases where this phenomenon occurs. Both occur
when
> a second UserForm is displayed after a user selects a checkbox.  The first
> ("Refused") displays a UserForm called frmRefusedReason while the other
> checkbox is called "Incomplete". It activates a UserForm called
> frmIncompleteReason.  The code that displays the UserForms is as follows:

> Private Sub chkRefused_Click()
>     If chkRefused.Value = -1 Then
>         txtRefusedDate.Text = Date
>     Else
>         txtRefusedDate.Text = ""
>     End If

>     frmRefusedReason.Show
> End Sub

> Private Sub chkIncomplete_Click()
>     If chkIncomplete.Value = -1 Then
>         txtIncompleteDate.Text = Date
>         frmIncompleteReason.Show
>     Else
>         txtIncompleteDate.Text = ""
>     End If

> End Sub

> Now I just happened to notice that the ".show" is in a different spot in
> each case however that makes no difference here at home (I will make them
> the same however as there is no reason to display the UserForm if the
> checkbox is being deselected.)

> The code to close the detail UserForms (both of them) is run when the user
> selects a button named "cmdDone".  Their code looks like this:

> Private Sub cmdDone_Click()
>     strIncompleteReason = txtIncompleteReason.Text
>     TabForm.txtIncompleteReason.Text = strIncompleteReason
>     Unload frmIncompleteReason
> End Sub

> Private Sub cmdDone_Click()
>     strRefusedReason = txtRefusedReason.Text
>     TabForm.txtRefusalReason.Text = strRefusedReason
>     Unload frmRefusedReason
> End Sub

> > What happens if you add a statement to explicitly set the multipage
> > value after displaying the detail form? Presumably you have a
> > button_click event the displays the detail form? Modify it so it
> > includes something like:

> I'll try that when I return to work on Monday.  I had thought of going
that
> way previously but was trying to understand what caused this phenomenom.

> As for helping, the responses from the MVP folk here are *ALWAYS* helpful
> if only to show we're not totally crazy!  <smile>

> Thanks Bill

> Gary

Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:33:49 GMT

1. strange behaviour of a subform, or a bug?

2. Strange Access behaviour or Bug, or what ?!?

3. Strange Behaviour

4. Strange behaviour of toolbars

5. XP users - Strange date behaviour

6. Strange behaviour in Word

7. DT Picker Control on Multi Page - Strange Behaviour

8. Public folders strange behaviour ?

9. strange text file behaviour

10. Strange debugging behaviour

11. decimal point - strange behaviour macro Word 97 and previous vers ion

12. Strange behaviour of AfterUpdate event