Project Open event in a COM Add-in
Author Message
 Project Open event in a COM Add-in

Sorry for re-posting.

Thanks Brian. But I actually linked in Project Object library in VB. That is
how I
got access to the ActiveProject object. I tried entering Project_Open event
in Connect.dsr with the same signature and all, but the event never gets
called. Do I have to create a Class Module etc., like demonstrated in a
certain Microsoft's example?

Quote:
> Definitely possible.  You just link in the Project Object library in VB,
and
> all of those objects are available to your app.

> > Hi,

> > In Project2000 VBA, I have access to Project_Open, Project_Activate
> events.
> > Is there any way of getting these events in a COM Add-in written in VB?

> > Thanks,
> > Hafeez

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:57:12 GMT
 Project Open event in a COM Add-in
Check out MSKB article Q238228.  The example shows how to link to the events
(e.g. Click) of a Commandbarbutton.  Use the same technique to link to the
Application.ActiveProject object to handle the Open event.

HTH.

--
Larry Miller
MCSD, Microsoft MVP Visual FoxPro

Quote:
> Sorry for re-posting.

> Thanks Brian. But I actually linked in Project Object library in VB. That
is
> how I
> got access to the ActiveProject object. I tried entering Project_Open
event
> in Connect.dsr with the same signature and all, but the event never gets
> called. Do I have to create a Class Module etc., like demonstrated in a
> certain Microsoft's example?

> > Definitely possible.  You just link in the Project Object library in VB,
> and
> > all of those objects are available to your app.

> > > Hi,

> > > In Project2000 VBA, I have access to Project_Open, Project_Activate
> > events.
> > > Is there any way of getting these events in a COM Add-in written in
VB?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Hafeez

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 01:31:48 GMT

1. Project Open event in a COM Add-in

2. Trapping Project Open Event in COM Add-in

3. Handling Project events from COM add-in

4. Open event in a COM Add-in

5. Outlook Project Conversion to COM AddIn

6. COM Addin for Project

7. MS Project Com addin error

8. Creating Project Com Add-ins

9. VB COM Add-In for MS Project

10. VB COM Add-In for MS Project

11. OnDisconnection event in a COM Addin

12. Word com add-in and button click events