compile error: cannot find project or library
Author Message
 compile error: cannot find project or library

in the immediate window, I tried the following command:

print chr(34)

and got an error saying "compile error: cannot find project or library"

This is on a brand new machine with Windows 2000 Professional, Office 2000
SR1 newly installed.  It works on my other 2 older computers but not the new
one.

In the References, VBA is checked and is at the top of the list.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Jeff

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 10:44:46 GMT
 compile error: cannot find project or library
What reference is MISSING if any? Can you compile all modules? I suspect you
are still missing a reference. It doesn't have to be a library that has
anything to do with "Print chr(34)".

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

Quote:
> in the immediate window, I tried the following command:

> print chr(34)

> and got an error saying "compile error: cannot find project or library"

> This is on a brand new machine with Windows 2000 Professional, Office 2000
> SR1 newly installed.  It works on my other 2 older computers but not the
new
> one.

> In the References, VBA is checked and is at the top of the list.

> Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

> Jeff

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 13:10:36 GMT
 compile error: cannot find project or library
Holy shit!  You're right.  Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects was missing, so I
downloaded the latest MDAC.  Now it works!  Thanks!!!!  I don't understand
why print chr(34) won't work without ADO, but THANKS!

Jeff

Quote:
> What reference is MISSING if any? Can you compile all modules? I suspect
you
> are still missing a reference. It doesn't have to be a library that has
> anything to do with "Print chr(34)".

> --
> Duane Hookom
> MS Access MVP

> > in the immediate window, I tried the following command:

> > print chr(34)

> > and got an error saying "compile error: cannot find project or library"

> > This is on a brand new machine with Windows 2000 Professional, Office
2000
> > SR1 newly installed.  It works on my other 2 older computers but not the
> new
> > one.

> > In the References, VBA is checked and is at the top of the list.

> > Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

> > Jeff

Sun, 09 Jan 2005 03:31:22 GMT

1. Compile error: can't find project or library

2. Compile error: cant find project or library

3. Compile Error: Can't find project or library

4. Compiler error. Cannot find project or library

5. VB Message: Compiling error - Project or library not found

6. Compile Error: Can't Find project or library

7. Compile Error: Can't find project or Library

8. Error: cannot find Project or Library

9. Cannot find project or library

10. Cannot find Project or Library

11. Cannot find project or library

12. Cannot find Project or Library?