Reading Outlook Archive file (*.pst) from CDrom.
Author Message
 Reading Outlook Archive file (*.pst) from CDrom.

How to read and retreive messages with their attacements
from an outlook (2002) personal folder (extention .pst) or
an archive file (also .pst) if they are on a CDrom.
Outlook complains that the file is in read-only if opened
from the CD, but it must be posible to write a program
that just extracts the message and the attachements in a
format like you get when "File; Save As..." a message in
Outlook, double clicking it in the explorer would open it
in Outlook.

Regards,

Dany.

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:16:20 GMT
 Reading Outlook Archive file (*.pst) from CDrom.
I am afraid your only solution would be to copy the PST file from CD, remove
the read-only atribute, then use Namespace.AddStore() to open the PST file
in Outlook.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> How to read and retreive messages with their attacements
> from an outlook (2002) personal folder (extention .pst) or
> an archive file (also .pst) if they are on a CDrom.
> Outlook complains that the file is in read-only if opened
> from the CD, but it must be posible to write a program
> that just extracts the message and the attachements in a
> format like you get when "File; Save As..." a message in
> Outlook, double clicking it in the explorer would open it
> in Outlook.

> Regards,

> Dany.

Sun, 01 May 2005 03:38:46 GMT

1. Reading Outlook Archive file (*.pst) from CDrom.

2. Reading Archive from CDrom.

3. Copy outlook.pst file on closing outlook

4. Read PSION archives as ARC+ and ARCHIVE

5. Read PSION archives as ARC+ and ARCHIVE

6. access to remote outlook .pst file

7. Synchronizing 2 Outlook XP .PST files.

8. Viewing an outlook pst file on the web

9. VBA code to import .pst file into Outlook

10. Updating a PST file via network login and auto-importing into Outlook 2000

11. Outlook PST file through code?

12. Extract Contact Information From Outlook PST File