Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?
Author Message
 Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

I've been developing with Access for 5 years, and have never seen this one.
 All of a sudden I was getting Error Code 3197, "The Microsoft Jet database
engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to
change the same data at the same time.".....while simply trying to view a
record.  I shutdown, rebooted, repaired, compacted, etc. to make sure there
could be no possible multiple user type of scenario (I'm not on a network
so there was no other user involved...just me).  Looked at the tables, and
the record with the problem had one field set to #Error.  I could not
delete or modify that record.  Sometimes when I opened the table that
record would not show up, but the many side of another table would have
that record's ID in it.  I couldn't solve this one, so the only way to do
it was restore a version from a few days ago where that record was not
present.  I recreated records lost and everything is fine now.  Anyone have
any idea what happened, and why I couldn't alter this record no matter what
I tried.

Sorry this is so wordy.  I'm just worried that this might happen in the
field to a customer.  Thanks in advance if you have any answers.

Larry

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?
Download and install the Jet update.

http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/Jet35upd.exe

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:
:Sorry this is so wordy.  I'm just worried that this might happen in the
:field to a customer.  Thanks in advance if you have any answers.
:
:Larry

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?
Thanks alot Dev, I'll do that.

Larry

Quote:
> Download and install the Jet update.

> http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/Jet35upd.exe

> HTH
> --
> Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
> ---------------
> The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
> ---------------

> :I've been developing with Access for 5 years, and have never seen this
one.
> : All of a sudden I was getting Error Code 3197, "The Microsoft Jet

database

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 3197, the jet database stopped

2. Error 3197 - Data has changed, operation stopped - singleuser

3. Jet Engine Error 3197 without Edit

4. Error: 3197 Description: The Microsoft jet database engine ...

5. Need help Re: Possible Causes For 3197 - Data Has Changed - Operation Stopped

6. 3197 Microsoft Jet database engine

7. Error 3197

8. Error 3197?

9. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

10. error using recordset.edit method (3197)

11. recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

12. Error - 3197 - Please help