Making a Control invisible !
Author Message
 Making a Control invisible !

Hi Rani,

You can format it as hidden text. Make sure that the hidden text shows while
working in the document (Tools - Options - View - Hidden Text) and that it's
not printing : deselect Tools - Options - Print - Hidden text .

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Yep...
> I have a control button in the header of a document,whose
> Click event loads and shows a form.I have put this control
> button in the header so that the user can access it from
> anywhere (in the document)....However I don't want this
> command button to be printed...or even to appear in the
> print preview(if possible).It must be visible to the user
> only on the Comp and not in the Printed document.
> Does anyone have any ideas comming up to do this.....
> Rani

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:17:27 GMT
 Making a Control invisible !
Thanks a lot for the reply....but
When I choose the option of Hidden text....I have multile
TC fileds in my doc which are then visible also....since I
am trying to put the Text in Header,and I want to run a
macro by clicking on it,when I click on the text....Header
and footer are visible and a insertion point appears,
Header and Footer toolbar are available.....which I don't
want....also instead of text I want to put a Command
button for instance...then how do I go about doing it....
I tried something like this in the open event of the
document
If ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View = wdPrintPreview Then
    ActiveDocument.cmdButton1.Visible = False
End If

however, there is no visible property.....then...how do u
do it????

Is my approach correct?????....how would go about doing
it....

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:03:03 GMT
 Making a Control invisible !
Your current solution (and replies) sounds a little messy
and difficult for the user.  If this document can be a
template, you can place some code in Word's automatic
procedure, AutoNew, to place either an item on one of the
existing toolbars, or you can create a floating toolbar to
load when a new document is created from it.  If this is a
document that needs to be revised over and over, you can
use Word's automatic procedure call AutoOpen to perform
the same steps.  If you're interested, send me an email
and I'll send you some code.

Godo luck

Quote:

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:31:16 GMT

1. Making a control invisible depending on calculated value in Access'97

2. Making a Control invisible !

3. Making the Form invisible but making the controls seen

4. Making a Non-UI (or Invisible at runtime) control

5. Making calendar invisible

6. making toolbars invisible !

7. making a container contol invisible..

8. Help!!! Making cursor invisible

9. Making MSFlexGrids Invisible?

10. Permanently making a window invisible?

11. Making MSFlexGrid Cols Invisible?

12. Making background of BMP invisible