Error 429: Help with bad DAO350.dll registration
Author Message
 Error 429: Help with bad DAO350.dll registration

Hi Everyone,

I installed the Office 97 Service Release 2 on my machine and now get an
error whenever I run VBA code in Access 97 that has the following line:

    Set db = CurrentDb

The error message is Error: 429 and states:

    ActiveX Component can't create object

The Knowledge Base online has a an article on the cause of this error but NO
step by step solution.  Apparently it is caused by a mis-registration of the
dao350.dll file AND somehow regsrv32.exe was used to register this .dll
file.  I also tried the solutions provided in the standard help file of
Access, to reinstall the application,  to no avail. Does anyone have a clue
as to how to resolve this issue?  Any help is thanked in advance.

Thanks!

David Hughes

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429: Help with bad DAO350.dll registration
Hi David,

Try re-registering it with RegSvr32.exe (available at
support.microsoft.com).  If that doesn't work, then probably the file is
corrupt.  Delete the dll and then reinstall as

Setup /y /r

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:Hi Everyone,
:
[...]

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429: Help with bad DAO350.dll registration
The step by step solution is.

    1) Find Regsvr32.exe
        (if you haven't got it download it from Microsoft)
    2) Find DAO350.DLL
    3) Go to Start/Run
    4) type
        <<PathToRegsvr32>>/regsvr32.exe <<PathToDAO350>>/DAO350.DLL

In my case on my machine this would be

c:\Windows\System\RegSvr32.exe "c:\program files\common files\Microsoft
Shared\DAO\DAO350.DLL"

You should get a message telling you that it was successfully registered.

Quote:
>Hi Everyone,

>I installed the Office 97 Service Release 2 on my machine and now get an
>error whenever I run VBA code in Access 97 that has the following line:

>    Set db = CurrentDb

>The error message is Error: 429 and states:

>    ActiveX Component can't create object

>The Knowledge Base online has a an article on the cause of this error but
NO
>step by step solution.  Apparently it is caused by a mis-registration of
the
>dao350.dll file AND somehow regsrv32.exe was used to register this .dll
>file.  I also tried the solutions provided in the standard help file of
>Access, to reinstall the application,  to no avail. Does anyone have a clue
>as to how to resolve this issue?  Any help is thanked in advance.

>Thanks!

>David Hughes

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help please...Access Runtime DAO350.dll intall error

2. Error 429 with FileSystemObject / Scripting dll

3. Error 429 when application and dll are installed on client machine

4. Error 429 with FileSystemObject / Scripting dll

5. Error 429 using MSXML3.dll

6. Error 429 with SCRRUN.DLL

7. Error 429 using MSXML3.dll

8. Runtime 429 error on DLL

9. Error 429 using MSXML3.dll

10. DAO350.DLL error message

11. On client machine Program generate fatal error in DAO350.DLL

12. DAO350.DLL page fault error - VB5 odbc connection to local SQL Server7