Removing Tracked Changes in Word XP
Author Message
 Removing Tracked Changes in Word XP

I want to remove all tracked changes, including any other information
which is stored inside a document that I am unaware of, so that it
just leaves the document content and absolutely nothing else! (I want
to reduce the documents size).
I would like to do this using VBA and save the document which then
hopefully will be a much smaller file.
I am using Word XP SR1 running under Windows 200.

Also, I would like to switch off all options that allow any changes to
be stored inside the document using VBA with Word XP.

Regards

Michael Bredbury.

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:29:11 GMT
 Removing Tracked Changes in Word XP
One way to remove all changes except content is to do a "Save As" on the
document, saving it as an RTF file. (I learned this from an MVP here.)

That will remove macros, tracked changes and comments.

You can do this with
'Save the active document in Rich Text Format
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:="myFile.RTF", _
      FileFormat:=wdFormatRTF

'You might want to close the document completely here --
'IFF the macro is not in the active document!
ActiveDocument.Close

'Open a document that is in RTF without a dialog about it
Documents.Open FileName:="myFile.RTF", _
      ConfirmConversions:=False, _
      Format:=wdOpenFormatRTF

HTH, Lisa

Quote:
> I want to remove all tracked changes, including any other information
> which is stored inside a document that I am unaware of, so that it
> just leaves the document content and absolutely nothing else! (I want
> to reduce the documents size).
> I would like to do this using VBA and save the document which then
> hopefully will be a much smaller file.
> I am using Word XP SR1 running under Windows 200.

> Also, I would like to switch off all options that allow any changes to
> be stored inside the document using VBA with Word XP.

> Regards

> Michael Bredbury.

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:01:44 GMT

1. Word XP - Removing Tracked Changes

2. Removing Track Changes While Leaving Formatting

3. Word 2000, VBA and "Track Changes"

4. Comparing 2 documents in Word using track changes

5. tracking word doc changes

6. Grouping Word XP Shapes changes sizes

7. Word XP changes Umlaute

8. Automating Excel XP from Word XP

9. Word 97 SR2: Productivity tracking study accurate word counting

10. Word XP and Access XP

11. Word XP - Help! Track changes hidden whenever open doc

12. Word Templates with VBA code running very slow in Word XP