Urgent: Could not open macro storage 
Author Message
 Urgent: Could not open macro storage

Hi All
  I am using in a VB app and when I try to use word.documents.open
filename:=xxx
 it gives the error "Could not open macro storage"

 I am running this app on terminal server. Anyone knows what's wrong.

Ravi



Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Urgent: Could not open macro storage
Hi Ravi,

There are several reasons for this error message.  Send and email to

article dealing with the problem will be emailed to you.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please post any follow-up to the Newsgroups so that others may benefit
therefrom or contribute thereto.

Quote:
> Hi All
>   I am using in a VB app and when I try to use word.documents.open
> filename:=xxx
>  it gives the error "Could not open macro storage"

>  I am running this app on terminal server. Anyone knows what's wrong.

> Ravi



Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Urgent: Could not open macro storage
 I'm using to being able to execute an EXCEL
macro from any workbook that I have open. It
appears that with WORD macros I must have the
specific DOCUMENT it was created in active in
order to execute the MACRO.

 Is this correct? If so, is there a way to make
the macro generally available?

 How does one create a WORD ADD-IN?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Urgent: Could not open macro storage
Hi rgg

The file containing the macros must be loaded for the macro to be able to
run. There are four places the macro migh be in order that it is available
for use.

1. In normal.dot. This is the default location for macros you create, unless
you specify otherwise.

2. In the current document.

3. In the template that the current document is based on.

4. In a template or COM add-in loaded as an add-in. See Tools, Templates and
add-ins, for details on how to load a template as an add-in. if you have a
template containing macros that you always want available every time you run
Word, then copy the template into Word's startup folder. This is normally
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup.

If you want to create a COM add-in, you'll need to use either the Developer
edition of Office 2000, or VB 6. If you are just wanting to create macros
for use in Word, it's probably not necessary, and a template loaded as an
add-in will be sufficient for your needs.

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.multilinker.com
Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word questions
by email

Quote:

> I'm using to being able to execute an EXCEL
>macro from any workbook that I have open. It
>appears that with WORD macros I must have the
>specific DOCUMENT it was created in active in
>order to execute the MACRO.

> Is this correct? If so, is there a way to make
>the macro generally available?

> How does one create a WORD ADD-IN?

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.



Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Urgent: Could not open macro storage
Jonathan
I have a similar type of problem...

How do I call a function from one
template / doc that is in another loaded template, as an addin.  And I
want to pass a varable (string) to this function.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:18:14 -0000, "Jonathan West"

Quote:

>Hi rgg

>The file containing the macros must be loaded for the macro to be able to
>run. There are four places the macro migh be in order that it is available
>for use.

>1. In normal.dot. This is the default location for macros you create, unless
>you specify otherwise.

>2. In the current document.

>3. In the template that the current document is based on.

>4. In a template or COM add-in loaded as an add-in. See Tools, Templates and
>add-ins, for details on how to load a template as an add-in. if you have a
>template containing macros that you always want available every time you run
>Word, then copy the template into Word's startup folder. This is normally
>Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup.

>If you want to create a COM add-in, you'll need to use either the Developer
>edition of Office 2000, or VB 6. If you are just wanting to create macros
>for use in Word, it's probably not necessary, and a template loaded as an
>add-in will be sufficient for your needs.

>Regards
>Jonathan West - Word MVP
>MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
>Conversion to PDF & HTML
>http://www.multilinker.com
>Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
>Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word questions
>by email


>> I'm using to being able to execute an EXCEL
>>macro from any workbook that I have open. It
>>appears that with WORD macros I must have the
>>specific DOCUMENT it was created in active in
>>order to execute the MACRO.

>> Is this correct? If so, is there a way to make
>>the macro generally available?

>> How does one create a WORD ADD-IN?

>>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>>Before you buy.



Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Urgent: Could not open macro storage
Hi Harvey,

In the VBA editor, go to Tools, References, and then check the template who
functions you want to use. You will then be able to use them (those which
have been declared as Public) as if they are in your own project.

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.multilinker.com
Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word questions
by email


Quote:
>Jonathan
>I have a similar type of problem...

>How do I call a function from one
>template / doc that is in another loaded template, as an addin.  And I
>want to pass a varable (string) to this function.

>On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:18:14 -0000, "Jonathan West"

>>Hi rgg

>>The file containing the macros must be loaded for the macro to be able to
>>run. There are four places the macro migh be in order that it is available
>>for use.

>>1. In normal.dot. This is the default location for macros you create,
unless
>>you specify otherwise.

>>2. In the current document.

>>3. In the template that the current document is based on.

>>4. In a template or COM add-in loaded as an add-in. See Tools, Templates
and
>>add-ins, for details on how to load a template as an add-in. if you have a
>>template containing macros that you always want available every time you
run
>>Word, then copy the template into Word's startup folder. This is normally
>>Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup.

>>If you want to create a COM add-in, you'll need to use either the
Developer
>>edition of Office 2000, or VB 6. If you are just wanting to create macros
>>for use in Word, it's probably not necessary, and a template loaded as an
>>add-in will be sufficient for your needs.

>>Regards
>>Jonathan West - Word MVP
>>MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
>>Conversion to PDF & HTML
>>http://www.multilinker.com
>>Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
>>Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
questions
>>by email


>>> I'm using to being able to execute an EXCEL
>>>macro from any workbook that I have open. It
>>>appears that with WORD macros I must have the
>>>specific DOCUMENT it was created in active in
>>>order to execute the MACRO.

>>> Is this correct? If so, is there a way to make
>>>the macro generally available?

>>> How does one create a WORD ADD-IN?

>>>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>>>Before you buy.



Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Could not open macro storage error: 5891

2. could not open macro storage

3. Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage

4. Could Not Open Macro Storage

5. Could not open macro storage

6. 5981 could not open macro storage error

7. error - Could not open macro storage

8. Could not open macro storage!!!!!!!!!!

9. Could not open macro storage error.

10. COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE

11. Could Not Open Macro Storage

12. 5981 Error : Could not open Macro Storage

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software