Calculated fields
Author Message
 Calculated fields

My problem:

I am not a programmer but need to convert a table from SMART to Access 2.0 for our
local Fire Dept.  In the SMART database there is a table that contains four fields:

Last_Inspection (Date)
Re_Inspection_Required (Text - Y/N)
Insp_Code (Text) and
Next_Inspection (Date)

The contents of the Next_Inspection field are to be calculated from the Last_Inspection
field - based on whether a Re_Inspection is required and the code (there are a total of
6 different codes).  I know there is a simple solution to this problem - but I have been
through the manuals, Online help and the Internet and I cant seem to figure out WHERE
and WHAT exactly to write.  I am pretty sure that it needs to be in a module, which is
why I'm here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Gerald

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Calculated fields

Quote:

> My problem:

> I am not a programmer but need to convert a table from SMART to Access 2.0 for our
> local Fire Dept.  In the SMART database there is a table that contains four fields:

> Last_Inspection (Date)
> Re_Inspection_Required (Text - Y/N)
> Insp_Code (Text) and
> Next_Inspection (Date)

> The contents of the Next_Inspection field are to be calculated from the Last_Inspection
> field - based on whether a Re_Inspection is required and the code (there are a total of
> 6 different codes).  I know there is a simple solution to this problem - but I have been
> through the manuals, Online help and the Internet and I cant seem to figure out WHERE
> and WHAT exactly to write.  I am pretty sure that it needs to be in a module, which is
> why I'm here.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

> Gerald

I think you need to use a Query. Put the three non-calculated fields in
your table. Build a query that references all three fields in the table
and put the calculated field in the query. Use the query to view the
records.

Bob Yeater

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating Calculated field in table

2. Updating Calculated field depending on Current Date

3. Changing a Calculate field (Date) depending on Current date

4. How to insert a calculated field?

5. Calculated field with a variable

6. Clear a Formula (Calculated) field

7. Using Assigmnet values in a calculated field

8. Calculated fields

9. Help: having trouble with IF statements and calculated fields

10. Calculating fields in a form

11. calculated field

12. Calculating Fields with Visdata VB5