Filename of linked ole object in visio diagram?
Author Message
 Filename of linked ole object in visio diagram?

I originally posted this question in the developer group but I think that
this is a better forum where I am more likely to get an answer.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get the filename associated with
a linked OLE object in a Visio drawing (using VB).  I cannot find a property
that seems to have the information I need.   I would like to write a script
that sets the text of all the linked OLE shapes on a series of diagrams to
the filename of the linked bitmap.  There are enough of these diagrams and
linked bitmaps to warrant a program!

Thanks in advance
Mark Jones
Fortress Medical Systems, Inc.

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:15:33 GMT

1. Export Visio Diagram to PostScript or PDF - Maintain Links

2. visio diagram to XML / creating textfiles with VBA in Visio

3. VBA to Walk an Organizational diagram and link like named objects

4. Linking or Embedding an OLE object into an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

5. Linking or Embedding an OLE Object in an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

6. linking visio object to coding

7. Visio and OLE Object

8. OLE Control Object and Visio

9. Extract Filename from OLE Object

10. Retrieving Filename of an OLE Object in a table

11. Where's the Filename in OLE Object??

12. Retrieving a filename of an OLE-object!