Find the file path of a program file
Author Message
 Find the file path of a program file

I'm using the shell command to load the program, and then load a networked
file of that type.

But the file path of the executable program is different on some of the
computers.

So how do I programmatically find the file path of the program file
(example:  MSAccess.exe, or Excel.exe)?

Mon, 30 May 2005 00:46:10 GMT
 Find the file path of a program file
There is a solution at the following page at "The Access Web":
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0023.htm
--
Bruce M. Thompson, Microsoft Access MVP

Quote:
>>No Email, Please. Keep all communications

    within the newsgroups so that all might benefit.<<

Quote:
> I'm using the shell command to load the program, and then load a networked
> file of that type.

> But the file path of the executable program is different on some of the
> computers.

> So how do I programmatically find the file path of the program file
> (example:  MSAccess.exe, or Excel.exe)?

Mon, 30 May 2005 04:15:50 GMT
 Find the file path of a program file
Why not use ShellExecute, and avoid needing to know where (or even what!)
the executable is?

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:
> There is a solution at the following page at "The Access Web":
> http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0023.htm

> > I'm using the shell command to load the program, and then load a
networked
> > file of that type.

> > But the file path of the executable program is different on some of the
> > computers.

> > So how do I programmatically find the file path of the program file
> > (example:  MSAccess.exe, or Excel.exe)?

Mon, 30 May 2005 05:49:18 GMT
 Find the file path of a program file

Quote:
> Why not use ShellExecute, and avoid needing to know where (or even what!)
> the executable is?

> http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm

Doh! Thanks, Doug.    <g>
--
Bruce M. Thompson, Microsoft Access MVP

Quote:
>>No Email, Please. Keep all communications

    within the newsgroups so that all might benefit.<<

Mon, 30 May 2005 08:22:12 GMT

1. DAO Blob Adding/Extracting (audio files, text files, image files, program files)

2. Find the path of the database file

3. Finding the path of the Personal Folders .pst file programmatically

4. Display Dialog to find file name & path

5. Finding out if a path is a directory or file

6. How to find Directory from Full File path

7. How to find path to .INI file

8. Finding the path to a file

9. API:Find path of file - URGENT

10. Finding a file path

11. Help : How to find the path of a file in my hard disk using VB

12. API to find path to font file?