TransferText - Numeric Values
Author Message
 TransferText - Numeric Values

Hi All again,

my problem with Transfer text is that although in my query
the numeric values appear with correct number of decimal
digits, the resulting txt file has values such as 8.0e-03
instead of 0.008.

Any ideas anyone?

thanks
MariaH

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:25:45 GMT
 TransferText - Numeric Values
Create a query that has a calculated field such as :
    OutMyField: Format([MyField], "#,##0.000")

Use the Query in Transfer Text, and the formatting will be exported.

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional)
Perth, Western Australia.

Quote:
> Hi All again,

> my problem with Transfer text is that although in my query
> the numeric values appear with correct number of decimal
> digits, the resulting txt file has values such as 8.0e-03
> instead of 0.008.

> Any ideas anyone?

> thanks
> MariaH

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 19:03:36 GMT

1. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

2. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

3. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

4. Looking for a function that translates numeric values to string values

5. Null value in a Numeric field

6. Null values in numeric fields

7. changing numeric format displayed based on value

8. Convert hh:nn to numeric value

9. Looking for a function to convert from numeric values to a string-detail meaning

10. VBA - Format problem inserting high numeric value into text field in excel

11. Numeric Value out of Range

12. Getting numeric value from textbox entry