How to Send/Receive emails via a .EXE without starting Outlook
Author Message
 How to Send/Receive emails via a .EXE without starting Outlook

Hi,

I need to do a 'Send/Receive' of email for Outlook 2000 off Exchange
server from either a script or .EXE without actually starting Outlook.
The script or .EXE will be run thru a scheduled task to periodically
download email from an exchange server.

Can someone tell me how I can achieve this preferably using VB.

Thanks in advance.

R.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 06:22:39 GMT
 How to Send/Receive emails via a .EXE without starting Outlook
You can use either CDO (C/C++/Delphi/VB) or Extended MAPI (C/C++/Delphi only).
See http://www.cdolive.com for the CDO samples.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> Hi,

> I need to do a 'Send/Receive' of email for Outlook 2000 off Exchange
> server from either a script or .EXE without actually starting Outlook.
> The script or .EXE will be run thru a scheduled task to periodically
> download email from an exchange server.

> Can someone tell me how I can achieve this preferably using VB.

> Thanks in advance.

> R.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 07:47:06 GMT
 How to Send/Receive emails via a .EXE without starting Outlook
MS knowledge base gives an example of automating Outlook from VB, but I
don't think you can avoid "actually starting" Outlook.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q220595

HTH,
Mike

Quote:
> Hi,

> I need to do a 'Send/Receive' of email for Outlook 2000 off Exchange
> server from either a script or .EXE without actually starting Outlook.
> The script or .EXE will be run thru a scheduled task to periodically
> download email from an exchange server.

> Can someone tell me how I can achieve this preferably using VB.

> Thanks in advance.

> R.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 07:46:07 GMT

1. Send/Receive email automation with Outlook 2000

2. Need OUTLOOK vbs to Send/Receive emails

3. Send/Receive All Outlook Email

4. Automatically have Outlook start "send/receive"

5. Need OUTLOOK vbs to Send/Receive emails

6. Can I configure my Outlook for receive and send messages via HOTMAIL

7. Hoe to send email without outlook

8. How to send email without using Outlook ?

9. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

10. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

11. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

12. Send emails from vb without using outlook.