e-mail by outlook express from Access
Author Message
 e-mail by outlook express from Access

Hi,

I'm using Access2002 and Outlook Express5.0

I'm now using  DoCmd.SendObject to send mail to customers but it's limited
to use plain text only.

Can someone teach me how to send mail with picture (but I don't want to send
as an attachment or using Outlook)?

Tks.
Bono

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:34:56 GMT
 e-mail by outlook express from Access
Hello Bono -

Sorry, you cannot programmatically create anything other than
plain-text messages using SendObject and Outlook Express as your
default mail client.

Technical details:
- Access' SendObject macro action calls MAPISendDocuments API (Simple
MAPI), which only supports plain text messages and attachments.
- Outlook Express itself has no way to programmatically send mail.

Depending on your environment and programming expertise, these are the
available libraries you can use for sending messages from a client
machine:
- CDO 1.21
- CDO for Windows 2000
- Outlook object model

--
Chad McCaffery
Microsoft Developer Support

NOTE: Please remove the 'online' from my alias if you wish to
correspond with me directly.
====================

| Hi,
|
| I'm using Access2002 and Outlook Express5.0
|
| I'm now using  DoCmd.SendObject to send mail to customers but it's
limited
| to use plain text only.
|
| Can someone teach me how to send mail with picture (but I don't want
to send
| as an attachment or using Outlook)?
|
| Tks.
| Bono

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:15:35 GMT
 e-mail by outlook express from Access

Quote:

> Can someone teach me how to send mail with picture (but I don't want to
> send as an attachment or using Outlook)?

If you can live with using attachments after reading Chad's response, then
you may want to check out Michael Kaplan's sample.

[ http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1033/codes.asp?ItemID=24#24 ]

  -- Dev

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:17:20 GMT

1. outlook express (sending email in access)

2. Send email with and access Outlook Express inbox???

3. E-mail from Access to Outlook Express

4. Access Outlook Express Mail File (dbx and mbx)

5. cannot connect outlook to email server, but can connect outlook express

6. Pointers using Outlook/Outlook Express Rules - Sending back tailored emails

7. Creating mail accounts for Outlook/Outlook Express using VB

8. Using Outlook Express or cokpit remote email programs

9. Creating Emails for Outlook Express...

10. Send email to emailadresses with Outlook Express

11. Sending HTML -or- PLAIN TEXT Email via Outlook Express

12. Outlook express HTML Emails