GetOpenFileName
Author Message
 GetOpenFileName

   I am using this command in VB to return a selected file name from the
Open Dialogue form. However, the form is not "modal" allowing a user to
move to another open window. This causes lots of problems!!
    Is there a way, using 'GetOpenFileName' in VB, to make the Open
Dialogue form 'modal' so that the user is forced to act on it before
moving on?
    Note: It does appear that the normal 'Open' in any program (excel,
word, access, etc) is modal!!
Thanks, George

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:47:15 GMT
 GetOpenFileName
For the hwndOwner element of the OPENFILENAME structure you need to fill
the handle to the main Access App window.

hwndOwner =  Application.hWndAccessApp

HTH
Stephen Lebans
http://www.lebans.com
Access Code, Tips and Tricks

>    I am using this command in VB to return a selected file name from
the
> Open Dialogue form. However, the form is not "modal" allowing a user
> move to another open window. This causes lots of problems!!
>     Is there a way, using 'GetOpenFileName' in VB, to make the Open
> Dialogue form 'modal' so that the user is forced to act on it before
> moving on?
>     Note: It does appear that the normal 'Open' in any program (excel,
> word, access, etc) is modal!!
> Thanks, George

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:24:04 GMT

1. Access VBA code similar to "GetOpenFilename"..?

2. API - GetOpenFileName

3. GetOpenFileName API in Access

4. GetOpenFileName:Win 98 vs. NT

5. getopenfilename and Win2000???????

6. GetOpenFileName

7. GetOpenFilename API Problems (win3.1)

8. Need: GetOpenFileName function

9. GetOpenFileName() / comdlg32.dll

10. (Ken Getz): Copyright para, Re: GetOpenFileName

11. GetOpenFileName code example

12. GetOpenFileName under WIndows NT