Differences between VBA for Word 2000 and Word 97
Author Message
 Differences between VBA for Word 2000 and Word 97

Hi,

I'm developing a set of templates for Word 2000 for a client. Some of their
users are still on prior releases -- can anyone tell me of a site that gives
pointers on designing backwards-compatible macros and user forms, or at
least lists the differences?

Many thanks

David Harrison

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:04:33 GMT
 Differences between VBA for Word 2000 and Word 97
Thanks, Mark.

It looks like most, if not all, of what I'm trying to do is in the 'old'
subset of VBA. All I'm really doing is taking info from a dialog box and
inserting it into tables. I just hope it'll run in Word 97...

cheers,

David

Quote:

> You can find the information you are looking for in the Word 2000 VBA help
> file.

> Mark Baird

> **************************
> What's New for Microsoft Word 2000 Developers

> Extensive changes have been made to the Microsoft Word 2000 Visual Basic
> object model to support new and improved features in the application.

> New Language Elements

> The following topics provide lists of language elements that are new in
Word
> 2000.

> New Objects

> New Properties (by Object)

> New Properties (Alphabetic List)

> New Methods (by Object)

> New Methods (Alphabetic List)

> New Events

> Language-Specific Properties and Methods

> Hidden Language Elements

> The following topic provides a list of properties that have been hidden in
> Word 2000.

> Hidden Properties

> > Hi,

> > I'm developing a set of templates for Word 2000 for a client. Some of
> their
> > users are still on prior releases -- can anyone tell me of a site that
> gives
> > pointers on designing backwards-compatible macros and user forms, or at
> > least lists the differences?

> > Many thanks

> > David Harrison

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:00:54 GMT

1. Word 97 vs Word 2000 - any real differences?

2. vba problem word 97 and not word 2000

3. Word 97 and Word 2000 VBA - Functionality Lost?

4. Differences on word 2002 and word 2000 vba

5. Difference in launching Word 97 and 2000?

6. Passing Userforms to subs (Word 2000 and 2002, I did not try Word 97)

7. Why does this piece of code work with Word 97 but not Word 2000

8. Convert Word 97 WordBasic to Word 2000 VB code

9. My Word 97 macros don't run in Word 2000

10. Diffs Between Word 2000 and Word 97?

11. Word 2000 and Word 97

12. Word 97 & Word 2000