Out of Stack Space: since re-installing Access
Author Message
 Out of Stack Space: since re-installing Access

I recently had to re-install Windows NT and Office 97 (including
Access).  Since then Access itself generates an "Error 28: Out of Stack
Space" and silently exits on the following:

Dim qry as QueryDef
set qry = CurrentDb.QueryDefs!MyQuery  ' generates error

I wrote a test program in a separate module where I was able to isolate
the problem source:

Dim dbs As Database
set dbs = CurrentDb()     ' generates error

Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance

Prodosh

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Stack Space: since re-installing Access

I recently had to re-install Windows NT and Office 97 (including
Access).  Since then Access itself generates an "Error 28: Out of Stack
Space" and silently exits on the following:

Dim qry as QueryDef
set qry = CurrentDb.QueryDefs!MyQuery  ' generates error

I wrote a test program in a separate module where I was able to isolate
the problem source:

Dim dbs As Database
set dbs = CurrentDb()     ' generates error

Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance

Prodosh

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Stack Space: since re-installing Access
Hi Prodosh,

Try re-registering DAO350.dll with RegSvr32 (available at
support.microsoft.com )

HTH
--
Dev Ashish    (Just my $.001)
----

:
[...]

Thanks a bunch. That worked. Why doesn't installing Access 97 take care of
registering dao350.dll? That is the most important DLL in the program, isn't
it?

I haven't installed any of the Office pathes: SR-1 and SR-2. Is there any
compelling reason to do that?

Regards

Prodosh

Quote:

>Hi Prodosh,

>Try re-registering DAO350.dll with RegSvr32 (available at
>support.microsoft.com )

>HTH
>--
>Dev Ashish    (Just my $.001)
>The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
>----

>:
>:I recently had to re-install Windows NT and Office 97 (including
>:Access).  Since then Access itself generates an "Error 28: Out of Stack
>:Space" and silently exits on the following:
>:
>:Dim qry as QueryDef
>:set qry = CurrentDb.QueryDefs!MyQuery  ' generates error
>:

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Stack Space: since re-installing Access

Quote:

> I haven't installed any of the Office pathes: SR-1 and SR-2. Is there any
> compelling reason to do that?

> Regards

Yes. SR2 fixes the bookmark bug. SR1 is required to apply SR2. Go to
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com for the service releases and their
fact-sheets...

HTH
LMH rogue(at)channel1 dot com |or| draupner (at) theglobe dot com
WWW http://www.channel1.com/users/rogue
FAQ:    http://members.forfree.at/~larsm
        http://home.att.net/~dashish
        http://www.hammerdata.com/Newsgrp
        http://www.channel1.com/users/rogue/Access/FAQ
        http://members.xoom.com/dashish
ICQ 10300112
Please limit questions/replies to news-group(s)...
Reply address may be foiled to fool spam-bots. Remove the obvious.
I kill all E-Mail from hotmail.com and other known sources of spam.
"I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat
donuts."

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Stack Space: since re-installing Access
Hi Prodosh,

 Yes, SR-2 is essential.  The bookmark bug is a major one to get fixed.  For
most of the other ones, check out the Bugs section of my website, article "
Access bugs fixed by Office SR-2".

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

Quote:

>Thanks a bunch. That worked. Why doesn't installing Access 97 take care of
>registering dao350.dll? That is the most important DLL in the program,
isn't
>it?

>I haven't installed any of the Office pathes: SR-1 and SR-2. Is there any
>compelling reason to do that?

>Regards

>Prodosh

>>Hi Prodosh,

>>Try re-registering DAO350.dll with RegSvr32 (available at
>>support.microsoft.com )

>>HTH
>>--
>>Dev Ashish    (Just my $.001)
>>The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
>>----

>>:
>>:I recently had to re-install Windows NT and Office 97 (including
>>:Access).  Since then Access itself generates an "Error 28: Out of Stack
>>:Space" and silently exits on the following:
>>:
>>:Dim qry as QueryDef
>>:set qry = CurrentDb.QueryDefs!MyQuery  ' generates error
>>:

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Stack Space: since re-installing Access

: >
: > I haven't installed any of the Office pathes: SR-1 and SR-2. Is there any
: > compelling reason to do that?
:
: Yes. SR2 fixes the bookmark bug. SR1 is required to apply SR2. Go to
: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com for the service releases and their
: fact-sheets...

Actually, to fix the bookmark bug, you don't need to apply the patch. You
need only replace MSJET35.DLL and MSREPL35.DLL (or whatever the name of
the replication DLL is). Doing it this way also leaves the lookup combo box
wizard intact.

--
David W. Fenton                        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Stack Space: since re-installing Access
:  Yes, SR-2 is essential.  The bookmark bug is a major one to get fixed.  For
: most of the other ones, check out the Bugs section of my website, article "
: Access bugs fixed by Office SR-2".

I'd say SR-1 is essential (fixes the form Save As bug, which was an
incredible annoyance to me), but you can fix the bookmark bug with
the Jet 3.52 update.

--
David W. Fenton                        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Out of stack space errors and GP Faults in Access on Compaq Presario

2. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

3. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

4. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

5. Stack Overflow With Ms-Access 2000 Installed

6. VBA reinstall without Office install

7. Install/Reinstall of a macro into my Normal.dot

8. Problems with install/uninstall/reinstall

9. Out of stack space

10. Out Of Stack Space Error

11. ERROR: OUT OF STACK SPACE

12. Out of stack space error.