Meaning of error messages
Author Message
 Meaning of error messages

Dear all,

I am getting the follwoing messages when I open a form.
"You have canceled the previous operation."
 and the next  message that follows is  "Module not found"

yes cancelled is spelled with a single "l" in this message.

I can't compile any modules, because the "Module not found" message keeps
appearing.

I have check the reference files for the modules with a working copy of the
application.

Furthermore I can't save any changes to the application nor does the detect
and repair work.

any suggestions

Thanks
Hasmukh

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:16:55 GMT
 Meaning of error messages
Dear all,

I am getting the follwoing messages when I open a form.
"You have canceled the previous operation."
 and the next  message that follows is  "Module not found"

yes cancelled is spelled with a single "l" in this message.

I can't compile any modules, because the "Module not found" message keeps
appearing.

I have check the reference files for the modules with a working copy of the
application.

Furthermore I can't save any changes to the application nor does the detect
and repair work.

any suggestions

Thanks
Hasmukh

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:16:55 GMT
 Meaning of error messages
The database itself has an error.

Some things you might want to try:
1. Backup without destroying other backups you have.

2. Compact the database (to dump any temp. objects).

3. Decompile.

4. Compact again.

5. See if you can now compile.

If that still doesn't work, create a new (blank) database, and import all
the objects from the old one. Chances are you will be able to import
everything with the possible exception of the one corrupted module.

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional)
Allen Browne's Database And Training - Perth, Western Australia.

Quote:
> Dear all,

> I am getting the follwoing messages when I open a form.
> "You have canceled the previous operation."
>  and the next  message that follows is  "Module not found"

> yes cancelled is spelled with a single "l" in this message.

> I can't compile any modules, because the "Module not found" message keeps
> appearing.

> I have check the reference files for the modules with a working copy of
the
> application.

> Furthermore I can't save any changes to the application nor does the
detect
> and repair work.

> any suggestions

> Thanks
> Hasmukh

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:30:17 GMT

1. Meaning of error message

2. Error message - what does it mean (code included)

3. Error Message - what does it mean

4. What does this error message mean?

5. What this Error message means?

6. Not sure what this error means. (Error 3426)

7. what does this simple message mean in general?

8. Message Numbers and there meanings

9. What does this error mean?

10. What does this error mean?

11. Runtime Error 438 - What does this mean?

12. Strange error, what does this mean?