ahtCommonFileOpenSave not recognized
Author Message
 ahtCommonFileOpenSave not recognized

I've attempted to open a file open/save dialog box via
code in Access 2000, and some of you pointed me to Ken
Getz's code using "ahtCommonFileOpenSave" at MVPS.org.
Problem is, this method isn't recognized in Access 2000.

I'm not using the developer's edition - is this the
problem?  Or, is "ahtCommonFileOpenSave" only usable in
Access 97?

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:59:05 GMT
 ahtCommonFileOpenSave not recognized
Hello Greg,

I use this code in 97, 2000 and 2002 - it's a "drop-in".    Developer's
Edition is not an issue.

When I first made use of it, I copied all of the code and inserted it into
its own module named basFileUtilities.  Now, I just copy the module from app
to app.

hth,
--
Cheryl Fischer
Law/Sys Associates

Quote:
> I've attempted to open a file open/save dialog box via
> code in Access 2000, and some of you pointed me to Ken
> Getz's code using "ahtCommonFileOpenSave" at MVPS.org.
> Problem is, this method isn't recognized in Access 2000.

> I'm not using the developer's edition - is this the
> problem?  Or, is "ahtCommonFileOpenSave" only usable in
> Access 97?

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:14:49 GMT
 ahtCommonFileOpenSave not recognized
Cheryl,

That is FREAKY..  I copied the sample from the website,
and I'm still getting the same issue.  Hangs up on the
ahtAddFilterItem.  Says sub or function not defined..

.. maybe has something to do with this cookie-cutter
corporate install the IT guys did..  so frustrating.

Greg B.

Quote:

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:17:11 GMT
 ahtCommonFileOpenSave not recognized
Hi Greg,

At the risk of offending you, which I hope I do not ...   We could step
through it.

1.  You copied the code from the Access Web starting at the line '*****code
start***** and ending at the line '*****code end*****  ?

The reason I mention this is because there is some descriptive text just
above *****code start***** that makes reference to ahtAddFilterItem.  The
text looks like code (see copy below) but including it in your module before
the Type, Constants and API declarations could be a problem.:

     'Ask for SaveFileName
     strFilter = ahtAddFilterItem(myStrFilter, "Excel Files (*.xls)",
"*.xls")
     strSaveFileName = ahtCommonFileOpenSave( _
                                    OpenFile:=False, _
                                    Filter:=strFilter, _
                    Flags:=ahtOFN_OVERWRITEPROMPT Or ahtOFN_READONLY)
     '***************** Code Start **************

2.  You copied the code into a module that is uniquely named; i.e., not
having the same name as any proc or function?

hth - and let me know,

--
Cheryl Fischer
Law/Sys Associates

Quote:
> Cheryl,

> That is FREAKY..  I copied the sample from the website,
> and I'm still getting the same issue.  Hangs up on the
> ahtAddFilterItem.  Says sub or function not defined..

> .. maybe has something to do with this cookie-cutter
> corporate install the IT guys did..  so frustrating.

> Greg B.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:31:35 GMT

1. User defined function not recognized

2. Database object not recognized

3. DAO objects not recognized in modules?

4. Does not recognize database objects

5. Database and rdoConnection types not recognized

6. Trim Function Not Recognized?

7. function names not recognized in Access 97

8. Format function not recognized

9. Access 7.0 does not recognize VBA functions

10. Input # not recognizing spaces

11. Dim MyRs As Recordset not recognized

12. Access not recognizing string functions