Filling a comboBox with ODBC-data
Author Message
 Filling a comboBox with ODBC-data

Hi,

I have a userform with a combobox.

I would like the combobox to be filled with data coming from a
PervasiveSQL-table; two or more columns.
The systemdatasource (System DNS) already exists.

But how to I have to program this in VBA ???

Thanks for helping me !

Baudi

Wed, 05 May 2004 23:05:44 GMT
 Filling a comboBox with ODBC-data
Quote:
> I would like the combobox to be filled with data coming from a
> PervasiveSQL-table; two or more columns.
> The systemdatasource (System DNS) already exists.

> But how to I have to program this in VBA ???

Using ADO to access the data via the ODBC source (System DSN).
You can get information on connection strings here:

http://www.able-consulting.com/tech.htm

And for any further help on how to set up an ADO connection, ask
in the public.ado newsgroup

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Thu, 06 May 2004 17:25:32 GMT
 Filling a comboBox with ODBC-data
Hi Cindi,

thank you for the tips !

I found what I needed

Baudi

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001 10:25:32 +0100, Cindy Meister  -WordMVP-

Quote:

>> I would like the combobox to be filled with data coming from a
>> PervasiveSQL-table; two or more columns.
>> The systemdatasource (System DNS) already exists.

>> But how to I have to program this in VBA ???

>Using ADO to access the data via the ODBC source (System DSN).
>You can get information on connection strings here:

>http://www.able-consulting.com/tech.htm

>And for any further help on how to set up an ADO connection, ask
>in the public.ado newsgroup

>Cindy Meister
>INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
>http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister
>http://www.mvps.org/word
>http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

>This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
>question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Sat, 08 May 2004 15:36:48 GMT

1. Filling a ComboBox with data from DB

2. Filling a Secondary Combobox based on information from a primary combobox

3. Programatically fill a combobox A2K ??

4. Using the pipe symbol to fill a listbox or combobox

5. ComboBox Custom Fill Functions

6. fill combobox with contents directory

7. Reference ComboBox item to fill ListBox

8. Fill a combobox

9. How to clear a filled combobox

10. Fill List/Combobox

11. Best way to fill a ComboBox from SQL Table

12. Fill a ComboBox