Loose mouse pointer after trnasfer spreadsheet...
Author Message
 Loose mouse pointer after trnasfer spreadsheet...

I asked a similar questions a few days ago. Have done a little more testing
and foound the following:

Here's the problem, I am importing multiple wokbooks, with multiple
spreadsheets. I am using a logitech mouseman+ on com1. I have a command
button that calls a sub that trnasfers the spreadsheets.

If keep the number of files in the directory I'm importing from to under app
1,000. Everything works okay. When I get over that number, I lose the
pointer. If I move the mouse around, I can see it on the taskbar when it
passes over something. You don't see the mouse, but when I move over things
on the main file menu, I can tell it's there.

I have the latest drivers from logitech.  While the importing is going on I
can move the mouse around the screen, but as soon as then importing ends,
the mouse is gone. Mind you, this only occurs when I exceed the the
approximate 1,000 file limit.

I thought maybe there was something wrong in one of the spreadsheets. So, I
broke a group into smaller groups, and all came in just fine.

It is very perplexing. I do some preliminary processing in excel, and
everything works great. I thought maybe it somehow had something do with
time, losing the signal or something. But,  it takes several hours to do the
excel thing, with no problems.

I have a very simple form..with one command button that calls the sub to
import(transferspreadsheet) the files.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bud Dean

Mon, 07 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Loose mouse pointer after trnasfer spreadsheet...
The same thing happens to me when I am running a VBA code to append and move
data between a
 number of tables.

I think it has something to do with the large amount of time that it takes
to run the code.

If it is over some certain time it just disappears.  A friend of mine called
Microsoft and they had no
answer either.

I think you're just going to have to live with it.  Just one of Microsft's
little quirks.
The best thing to do is just close the database down then start it back up.

DS

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

Tue, 08 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Loose mouse pointer after trnasfer spreadsheet...
Hi Dan,

Thanks a bunch, I was really becoming frustrated.  I tried everything.  Was
just getting ready to microsoft a call. It didn't matter which mouse I used,
anything. I beliee you're right about the ime thing. That was my suspicion.
Odd, though, I can run the code to work on the spreadsheets in excel and it
will run for hours and hours without problem.

Hopefully, they'll come up with a fix ....

Thanks again,

Bud

Quote:

>The same thing happens to me when I am running a VBA code to append and
move
>data between a
> number of tables.

>I think it has something to do with the large amount of time that it takes
>to run the code.

>If it is over some certain time it just disappears.  A friend of mine
called
>Microsoft and they had no
>answer either.

>I think you're just going to have to live with it.  Just one of Microsft's
>little quirks.
>The best thing to do is just close the database down then start it back up.

>DS

>   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
>http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

Tue, 08 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Loose mouse pointer after trnasfer spreadsheet...
Hi Daniel & Bud

Have you tried using the DoEvents function within your code, this
forces Access to yield to Windows allowing the OS to catch up on any
outstanding processing.

Quote:
>Hi Dan,

>Thanks a bunch, I was really becoming frustrated.  I tried everything.  Was
>just getting ready to microsoft a call. It didn't matter which mouse I used,
>anything. I beliee you're right about the ime thing. That was my suspicion.
>Odd, though, I can run the code to work on the spreadsheets in excel and it
>will run for hours and hours without problem.

>Hopefully, they'll come up with a fix ....

>Thanks again,

>Bud

>>The same thing happens to me when I am running a VBA code to append and
>move
>>data between a
>> number of tables.

>>I think it has something to do with the large amount of time that it takes
>>to run the code.

>>If it is over some certain time it just disappears.  A friend of mine
>called
>>Microsoft and they had no
>>answer either.

>>I think you're just going to have to live with it.  Just one of Microsft's
>>little quirks.
>>The best thing to do is just close the database down then start it back up.

>>DS

>>   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
>>http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Loose mouse pointer after trnasfer spreadsheet...
John,

How do you use the "DoEvents" function?
Thanks ,

Bud Dean

Quote:

>Hi Daniel & Bud

>Have you tried using the DoEvents function within your code, this
>forces Access to yield to Windows allowing the OS to catch up on any
>outstanding processing.

>>Hi Dan,

>>Thanks a bunch, I was really becoming frustrated.  I tried everything.
Was
>>just getting ready to microsoft a call. It didn't matter which mouse I
used,
>>anything. I beliee you're right about the ime thing. That was my
suspicion.
>>Odd, though, I can run the code to work on the spreadsheets in excel and
it
>>will run for hours and hours without problem.

>>Hopefully, they'll come up with a fix ....

>>Thanks again,

>>Bud

>>>The same thing happens to me when I am running a VBA code to append and
>>move
>>>data between a
>>> number of tables.

>>>I think it has something to do with the large amount of time that it
takes
>>>to run the code.

>>>If it is over some certain time it just disappears.  A friend of mine
>>called
>>>Microsoft and they had no
>>>answer either.

>>>I think you're just going to have to live with it.  Just one of
Microsft's
>>>little quirks.
>>>The best thing to do is just close the database down then start it back
up.

>>>DS

>>>   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
>>>http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Loose mouse pointer after trnasfer spreadsheet...
John,

Searched around and found it.  Put in a little counter and what do you know?

Worked like a charm.

Thanks a bunch,

Bud Dean

Quote:

>Hi Daniel & Bud

>Have you tried using the DoEvents function within your code, this
>forces Access to yield to Windows allowing the OS to catch up on any
>outstanding processing.

>>Hi Dan,

>>Thanks a bunch, I was really becoming frustrated.  I tried everything.
Was
>>just getting ready to microsoft a call. It didn't matter which mouse I
used,
>>anything. I beliee you're right about the ime thing. That was my
suspicion.
>>Odd, though, I can run the code to work on the spreadsheets in excel and
it
>>will run for hours and hours without problem.

>>Hopefully, they'll come up with a fix ....

>>Thanks again,

>>Bud

>>>The same thing happens to me when I am running a VBA code to append and
>>move
>>>data between a
>>> number of tables.

>>>I think it has something to do with the large amount of time that it
takes
>>>to run the code.

>>>If it is over some certain time it just disappears.  A friend of mine
>>called
>>>Microsoft and they had no
>>>answer either.

>>>I think you're just going to have to live with it.  Just one of
Microsft's
>>>little quirks.
>>>The best thing to do is just close the database down then start it back
up.

>>>DS

>>>   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
>>>http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. move a mouse pointer to a different location without moving the mouse

2. Invisible mouse...?...no mouse pointer...?

3. IE 3.0 looses focus when mouse down

4. Data trnasfer

5. ****TRNASFERRING DATA OVER LPT!!PLEASE HELP****!!!(**!**!

6. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

7. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

8. Passing pointer to a pointer or pointer to a char to a dll

9. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

10. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

11. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

12. Changing the mouse pointer