importing data > 2.1
Author Message
 importing data > 2.1

Hi,

This might sound crazy but I have a data set in text format that has about
2 million records in it.. I am having trouble importing into a SQL table
with BCP and would like to search for another way perhaps using VBA or
Access import wizard.
My question is:  Has anyone ever attempted to import a dataset this big
into ACCESS 97? Can it be done through the import wizard or through VBA? or
am I stuck with BCP.

The reason I would like to use the import wiz is that the date types flow
much easier into  SQL than through BCP (and it's much easier to define..

Thanks for any suggestions.
Tony

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 importing data > 2.1
I used to have a monthly import of about 600,000 records (lines) from a text
file into Access 2.0 without a problem.  I think Acc-97 should be able to
handle 2 mil lines.  Just give it a try.
--
Mike S.
Optimal Systems Corp. www.oscorp.com

>Hi,

>This might sound crazy but I have a data set in text format that has about
>2 million records in it.. I am having trouble importing into a SQL table
>with BCP and would like to search for another way perhaps using VBA or
>Access import wizard.
>My question is:  Has anyone ever attempted to import a dataset this big
>into ACCESS 97? Can it be done through the import wizard or through VBA? or
>am I stuck with BCP.

>The reason I would like to use the import wiz is that the date types flow
>much easier into  SQL than through BCP (and it's much easier to define..

>Thanks for any suggestions.
>Tony

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

2. ADO 2.1 > 2.5 Break binary compatibility

3. 2.0 -> 2.1 problems

4. Data objects closed error in ADO 2.1 and SQL server 6.5

5. HELP!!: MDAC 2.1 appears to corrupt my data

6. ADO 2.1 and Data-Control VB6/SP3 !

7. ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Compile error

8. Unable to get Output data using VB, Ado 2.1 and Oracle Stored procedure

9. Bulk Loading of Data to Oracle with ADO 2.1

10. >>> Weird Data Control Pr

11. >>> Weird Data Control Problem

12. Pass Data VB>SQL>ODBC>Oracle Database