strange mdb
Author Message
 strange mdb

Hi everyone,

I have a strange mdb in which the references seem to get messed up. In a new
install of MS Access 97, the reference for "Visual Basic for Applications"
points to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\Vbeext1.olb

After opening the said mdb, it points to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\vba332.dll

After this even simple DAO statements like Dim db as Database give an error.
If I include the DAO 3.5 library, then that error goes away. However, even
though Dim rs As Recordset works,

Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("TableName")

gives an error "required 1 argument".

Does anyone know what's happening or has come across something like this
before.

Many Thanks,

Ni Bell

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 strange mdb
Hi Ni,

Sounds strange.  I'll suggest importing all objects into a new database and
seeing if the error occurs.  Also download the References Wizard from my
website.  It should help identify/clear up the Missing References problem,
if it exists.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:Hi everyone,
:
[...]

Hi Ashish,

Now that ms access is messed up, even new databases point to the wrong
reference. I have to reinstall and import.

Ni Bell

Quote:

>Hi Ni,

>Sounds strange.  I'll suggest importing all objects into a new database and
>seeing if the error occurs.  Also download the References Wizard from my
>website.  It should help identify/clear up the Missing References problem,
>if it exists.

>HTH
>--
>Dev Ashish

Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 strange mdb
Hello All,

I uninstalled Office and reinstalled. The problem is still there. I
uninstalled, and then ran the "Office Uninstall" utility from Microsoft and
then reinstalled Office, I get the same result. The VBA reference still
points to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\vba332.dll

Is that normal or do I have some kind of Access virus,

Any help or suggestion is appreciated, I'm at my wits end,

Ni Bell

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Strange MDB

2. Strange MDB

3. Random select a record from .mdb works strange in VB.net

4. a strange problem about MDB to DBF?

5. Stranger In A Strange Land...

6. Strange Strange Error

7. Using mdb reference is allowed only from mdb file

8. need help updating a local front end mdb from an mdb on an ftp site

9. A2k: Controlling a back-end MDB from its FRONT-end MDB

10. Copy a table from Template.mdb to existing.mdb

11. Eval() Works In 1 mdb (same machine) but not 2nd mdb

12. ACC97 mdb to mdb form Import