updating routine
Author Message
 updating routine

I have these two tables that cannot be linked (products and codBar39).
I need to create an updating routine, because when the customer updates the
table of products in the server an updating routine is executed you finish
us.
How can I do?

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:10:48 GMT
 updating routine
Well, first of all, I would say that any two tables that have related
information can be linked.  It's just a matter of adding and formatting the
right fields.  But, you may have the execption that proves the rule.  So,...

Your best bet is to create an update and/or an append query, which will do
the work you need.  In your forms, identify in the logic where this update
needs to occur (generally, the AfterUpdate event of the form which is used
to update the product table).  At that point, put in your favorite code to
run the query (OpenQuery, RunSQL, Execute, etc.).

That's a pretty rough outline, but specifics depend on the specifics of your
situation.

HTH,
Marshall Smith

Quote:
> I have these two tables that cannot be linked (products and codBar39).
> I need to create an updating routine, because when the customer updates
the
> table of products in the server an updating routine is executed you finish
> us.
> How can I do?

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 03:45:51 GMT

1. database comparison/update routine?

2. Creating Generic Update routine

3. VESA routines updated

4. Unable to Update a timer (crono routine) control in a loop

5. Using--After Update-- to update field in table.

6. Updating a single OLE link for a record OR updating existing database

7. +++ New Access 97 Jet Update - Bug Updates

8. Updating fields: footer doesn't update right

9. Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method

10. Dataset changes updates grid , How to update SQL table

11. How to I update my app the way Windows update works

12. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM