file system object error with Windows XP
Author Message
 file system object error with Windows XP

I have an Access application that worked fine on Windows 2000 and Office
2000. My client recently bought a new computer with XP on it and they are
still running Office 2000. They are now receiving an error when the
application gets to this line of code.

This line of code seems to work fine on an XP machine I have here in the
office. This machine is running Office XP though. I saw that XP has a
different version of the VBScript than Win 2k did. Has anyone run across
this before? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Paul Bauer

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 01:38:06 GMT
 file system object error with Windows XP
Hi Paul,

Your client could try to reregister the dll (scrrun.dll). This can be done
with the command regsvr32

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> I have an Access application that worked fine on Windows 2000 and Office
> 2000. My client recently bought a new computer with XP on it and they are
> still running Office 2000. They are now receiving an error when the
> application gets to this line of code.

> Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> This line of code seems to work fine on an XP machine I have here in the
> office. This machine is running Office XP though. I saw that XP has a
> different version of the VBScript than Win 2k did. Has anyone run across
> this before? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

> Paul Bauer

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 06:23:18 GMT
 file system object error with Windows XP
Hi

Try retyping this line of code and save the file.
sounds strange I know but this has helped in couple of
occations with MS Word.

Quote:

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:10:51 GMT

1. Can't use File System Object on XP Pro

2. File System Object Scripts Broken After Windows Update

3. Does file system object or scrrun.dll come in windows by default

4. Excel 2000, Windows XP, System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

5. Visual Basic 6.0 app on windows XP operating system

6. Crystal Report 6.0 with Windows XP operating system

7. error code 429 and file system object

8. File System Object- movefile function error!!

9. File System Object Errors

10. Error accesing the system registry under XP Pro

11. Windows XP produced errors

12. DatePicker problem under Windows XP and Office XP