Change table field size in code
Author Message
 Change table field size in code

I am looking for a function that will allow me to change
the size of a field in an Access table.  Thoughts?

Thanks.
Andy Bingenheimer

Mon, 02 May 2005 22:46:10 GMT
 Change table field size in code
no such functuion
you have to:
create a new field with new size
copy data from old field to new one
remove old field
rename new to old

so actually 4 steps
HTH
--
Alex Dybenko (MVP)
http://Alex.Dybenko.com

Quote:
> I am looking for a function that will allow me to change
> the size of a field in an Access table.  Thoughts?

> Thanks.
> Andy Bingenheimer

Mon, 02 May 2005 23:12:26 GMT

1. Change Table Fields Size ??

2. Changing 'field size' in existing table

3. Changing Field Size in a Table

4. Can I change the field size of a linked table

5. Change field size in table using VBA?

6. Changing the size of an existing field through code

7. Changing text field size with code

8. Changing field size from code ?

9. Jet/Access: change field size in VB code???

10. VB code to change Access DB field size???

11. Change field's Size property via code

12. change table field type via code