Obtaining x,y co-ordinates of a Dropped Object
Author Message
 Obtaining x,y co-ordinates of a Dropped Object

Can anyone help me with a "simple" question?  Having
dropped "Manager" on "Company", I want to
drop "Slave" on "Manager", but cannot figure out
how to obtain the x,y co-ordinates of "Manager".

I have enclosed the code fragment below.

Also how can I perform the action of Lay Out Subordinates
using one of the Side by side shapes?

thanks
Wayne

var appVisio = WScript.CreateObject("Visio.Application");
var docsObj = appVisio.Documents;
var docObj = docsObj.Add("Organization Chart.vst");
var pagsObj = appVisio.ActiveDocument.Pages;
var pagObj = pagsObj.Item(1);
var stnObj = appVisio.Documents("Organization Chart
Shapes.vss");

var manager = stnObj.Masters("Manager");
var position = stnObj.Masters("Position");
var company = stnObj.Masters("Executive");

var managerObj;
var positionObj;
var companyObj;

companyObj = pagObj.Drop(company, 5, 7);
companyObj.Text = "Company";

managerObj = pagObj.Drop(manager, 5, 7);
managerObj.Text = "Manager";

positionObj = pagObj.Drop(position, 5, 7);
positionObj.Text = "Slave";

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:06:35 GMT
 Obtaining x,y co-ordinates of a Dropped Object
I have figured out how to get the co-ordinates by
using Cells->{PinX} and Cells->{PinY}.  All I need help
with now is to
manage the "Lay Out Subordinates" problem.

Thanks
Wayne

Quote:

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:44:32 GMT

1. Line Co-ordinates

2. EXCEL 2000 : Selection Co-ordinates

3. MDI co-ordinates, docking form and more

4. Forcing mouse pointer to move to a co-ordinate

5. Finding mouse co-ordinates

6. Co-ordinates

7. how do i use mouse co-ordinates

8. mouse co-ordinates...

9. print box with co ordinate control

10. Mouse Co-ordinates

11. Getting point co-ordinates from cad tablet/digitizer in VB application

12. Help needed with co-ordinate systems