Changing text field size with code
Author Message
 Changing text field size with code

Does any one know if it is possible to change the size of a text field
with code?  We have a database with many tables, each of which has at
least one field that has a field size of 12 and we would like to update
the field to be 18 for a different type of input.  We can do it manually
of course but we have the same problem at over 500 sites.   Thanks.

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing text field size with code
Hi,

With A2000 (more precisely, with Jet 4 as long as the DataDefinitionLanguage
is implied):

CurrentProject.Connection.Execute "ALTER TABLE TablName ALTER COLUMN
FieldName TEXT(NewSize)"

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP.

Quote:
> Does any one know if it is possible to change the size of a text field
> with code?  We have a database with many tables, each of which has at
> least one field that has a field size of 12 and we would like to update
> the field to be 18 for a different type of input.  We can do it manually
> of course but we have the same problem at over 500 sites.   Thanks.

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Change table field size in code

2. Changing the size of an existing field through code

3. Changing field size from code ?

4. Jet/Access: change field size in VB code???

5. VB code to change Access DB field size???

6. Change field's Size property via code

7. VB 3.0 Changing the size of a text field in an Access database

8. setting a text field size in code

9. HOW TO change field size and delete field

10. how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

11. Macro to change text, also changes font size.

12. Text field size, or text wrapping