recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)
Author Message
 recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

I am getting the error 3197 "you and another user attempting to change the
same data at the same time." when I try to use the recordset.edit method.

There is only one user running the application.

The error does not occur if I start the application from scratch and go
directly to the form that contains this code.

The error does occur if I first try to do some other tasks then try to run
this form.

I tried to find any problems in my code such as opening a recordset and not
closing it but so far I have not found any problems. (which doesn't mean
there aren't any)

Has anyone had a prior experience with this error and how do you resolve it?

Thanks ahead of time,

David Howlett
Amulet Consulting

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

HI Dave,

Download and install the Jet35Upd patch.

http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/JET35UPD.EXE

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

Quote:

>I am getting the error 3197 "you and another user attempting to change the
>same data at the same time." when I try to use the recordset.edit method.

>There is only one user running the application.

>The error does not occur if I start the application from scratch and go
>directly to the form that contains this code.

>The error does occur if I first try to do some other tasks then try to run
>this form.

>I tried to find any problems in my code such as opening a recordset and not
>closing it but so far I have not found any problems. (which doesn't mean
>there aren't any)

>Has anyone had a prior experience with this error and how do you resolve
it?

>Thanks ahead of time,

>David Howlett
>Amulet Consulting

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. error using recordset.edit method (3197)

2. Jet Engine Error 3197 without Edit

3. Recordset's delete method fails with Error:3197. Why ?

4. Edit Name won't work for MenuItem

5. ActiveX Control - Line Method won't work in VBScript

6. Drag-Method won't work when called in MSForms 2.0-Listbox

7. ADO Recordset.Cancel method does'nt work

8. Error 3197

9. Error 3197?

10. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

11. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

12. Error - 3197 - Please help