copying certain sections from a master word document
Author Message
 copying certain sections from a master word document

hi!

How can I copy text from certain sections from a given master word document
given that the layout of the document is fixed?  I understand that one way
to do this is to specify bookmarks within the document or specify a metatag
inside the document and find it via find method, then perform a copy
command.  However you need to specify tags/metatags within the document in
order for you to search and navigate through the document.  Is there any
alternative to this method?

Please do give your comments.

Thanks!

-monica isaac-

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:27:22 GMT
 copying certain sections from a master word document
Hi Monica,

Probably using bookmarks is the best way

Document1.Bookmarks("bookmarkname").Range.Copy

will copy the text in the bookmarkname bookmark to the clipboard.

I guess it really depends on whether you know before hand where the text
that you want to copy is located or if you will need the locate it
programmatically.

Please post any follow-up or new questions to the Newsgroups so that others
may benefit therefrom or contribute thereto.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> hi!

> How can I copy text from certain sections from a given master word
document
> given that the layout of the document is fixed?  I understand that one way
> to do this is to specify bookmarks within the document or specify a
metatag
> inside the document and find it via find method, then perform a copy
> command.  However you need to specify tags/metatags within the document in
> order for you to search and navigate through the document.  Is there any
> alternative to this method?

> Please do give your comments.

> Thanks!

> -monica isaac-

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:54:45 GMT

1. copying certain section in a master word document

2. Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET

3. Copy Section of Document Based Upon User Reply

4. copying content of a document section to a properties field

5. Copying an entire Word document from one Word file to another

6. Saving Master And Sub-Documents As HTML in Word 2002

7. Saving Master Documents As HTML in Word 2002

8. Word 2000, Multi-Section Document, Error Assigning Value to Paper Tray

9. How to update document master shapes from template master shapes

10. Protecting Word Documents Sections

11. Updating Documents Created From a Master Document Template

12. Monitor PrintJobs and request the number of copies of a Word document