Generating Page Numbers for Chapters
Author Message
 Generating Page Numbers for Chapters

Is there a way to generate page numbers for each chapter in my word
document?  I would like the numbering to be:  Chapter-Page Number.

I am controling this through Visual Basic 6.

Thanks.

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:26:38 GMT
 Generating Page Numbers for Chapters
Hi Homer,

The following is a recording of the action of formatting the page numbers to
include the chapter number that can be done via Insert>Page Numbers>Format.

    With Selection.Sections(1).Headers(1).PageNumbers
        .NumberStyle = wdPageNumberStyleArabic
        .IncludeChapterNumber = True
        .HeadingLevelForChapter = 0
        .ChapterPageSeparator = wdSeparatorHyphen
        .RestartNumberingAtSection = True
        .StartingNumber = 1
    End With

You may have to tweak it for your purposes.

Please post any follow-up or new questions to the Newsgroups so that others
may benefit therefrom or contribute thereto.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> Is there a way to generate page numbers for each chapter in my word
> document?  I would like the numbering to be:  Chapter-Page Number.

> I am controling this through Visual Basic 6.

> Thanks.

Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:35:29 GMT

1. Odd Numbered Chapter Pages

2. Page numbers printing incorrectly on generated document

3. Newbie - Generate Sequentially Numbered pages

4. Generate random number (how to generate seed)

5. Chapter Number/Title Associated with Search Question

6. Adding Total Number of slides to the page number field in the footer

7. Page numbering and fit to page in Excel from VB

8. Word not printing total number of pages in page footer correctly

10. Page Numbering In Unusual Spot on Page

11. Page Number of Displayed (not Selected) Page

12. Paging a database with page number buttons?