Word quit / fileclose event
Author Message
 Word quit / fileclose event

Hi newsgroup,
I'm stuggling with a problem that may be quite common to
you guys already:
Obviously, there are several events which are fired when a
file has to be closed. Especially I'm having trouble with
the event that is fired if you're clicking in the
application's "x" field in the window. I need to call the
event that is fired if you click the file-window's "x"
button instead.
Does anybody have an idea how I can intercept the first
event and fire the second? It would be great, if this
happens only if open documents are existing.

Best regards and thx for any help,

Jrgen

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:09:33 GMT
 Word quit / fileclose event
Hi Jrgen,

See the article "A Pseudo DocumentBeforeClose Event

Or: How to perform validation on a document when the user tries to close
 it." at:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/PseudoBeforeClose.htm

Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested.  Unsolicited questions forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a consulting basis.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Hi newsgroup,
I'm stuggling with a problem that may be quite common to
you guys already:
Obviously, there are several events which are fired when a
file has to be closed. Especially I'm having trouble with
the event that is fired if you're clicking in the
application's "x" field in the window. I need to call the
event that is fired if you click the file-window's "x"
button instead.
Does anybody have an idea how I can intercept the first
event and fire the second? It would be great, if this
happens only if open documents are existing.

Best regards and thx for any help,

Jrgen

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:04:13 GMT

1. Prevent FileClose in Word 2000 does not work

2. quit events

3. Quit event in ThisOutlookSession

4. startup/quit events

5. Event when we quit a formfield?

6. Quit application event

7. Application.Quit: events not fired ??

8. VBA5 Application Event QUIT

9. Trap quit event of excel

10. Trap quit event of excel

11. Quitting Applications (Word, Excel)