sending data from an access VB module to excel
Author Message
 sending data from an access VB module to excel

Hi i have a question;
how can i control MS Excel, so i can create a workbook and
send data to it to generate graphs, from with in MS Access
97?
what i am trying to do:
I have an access VB module that i am creating. it's
function is to access a linked database and run a few
querries, sort the data then generate an excel workbook.
this workbook will contain a named worksheet for every
test. each worksheet will contain 2 graphs each with a
table to support the graph and a list of defects.

Thanks for any help

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:46:45 GMT
 sending data from an access VB module to excel

Quote:
> I have an access VB module that i am creating. it's
> function is to access a linked database and run a few
> querries, sort the data then generate an excel workbook.
> this workbook will contain a named worksheet for every
> test. each worksheet will contain 2 graphs each with a
> table to support the graph and a list of defects.

First of all I'd do all this in Excel, not in Access. You can use DAO (or,
for that matter, ADO) just as easily there and it's much, much easier to
develop and debug in the target environment than using Automation.

The good news is, of course, that practically all your code will run with
very few modifications. You'll need a

  Set db = CreateObject(DAO.DBEngine) ' takes the place of CurrentDB()

at the top and the rest all falls out easily. You don't need Access to
access a Jet database!

Hope that helps

Tim F

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 02:21:06 GMT

1. Sending data to excel from access - automation 97.

2. Sending and manipulating data from Access 97 to Excel 97

3. DDE sending data from Access to Excel

4. Excel Sheet thru Access using VB module

5. Access 97 Won't Close after EXCEL VB Modules

6. Send data to Excel fail with Excel 97

7. sending data from VB to Excel

8. Sending info to MS Access or Excel from Vb

9. Call Access Module from Data Access Page

10. Edit Access Record in Excel, then send back to Access using VBA

11. How to send data from VB to Access ?

12. Getting Tab separated data from Word to Access, Excel or simply process it from VB