row-level locking with dao and access 2000
Author Message
 row-level locking with dao and access 2000

Does anyone know how to get row-level locking with dao 3.6 and access
2000?

Thanks in Advance

John Mitchell

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 row-level locking with dao and access 2000
It was my understanding that it is in Jet 4.0, not DAO 3.6

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to get row-level locking with dao 3.6 and access
> 2000?

> Thanks in Advance

> John Mitchell

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 row-level locking with dao and access 2000

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to get row-level locking with dao 3.6 and access
>2000?

This is the new default.

You can change the option by going to Tools, Options, Advanced.

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   remove "nospam" to reply
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 row-level locking with dao and access 2000
Um, whats wrong with the option in Tools|Options on the
advanced tab for "Open databases using record-level
locking"?

Michael

Quote:
> I found a hack but if anyone knows of a better way could
they let me
> know?   The hack goes like this:

> I open the database with an ado connection (a property
exists for row
> locking), then I open the database with dao.  Immediately
after opening
> I close the ado connection.

> Because the database is first openned for row locking any
subsequent
> open will also open the database for row locking.

> This is a hack that shouldn't be required.  If anyone can
help it would
> be most appreciated.

> Thanks in Advance,

> John Mitchell

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 row-level locking with dao and access 2000
See my other post.... no need to ask a question twice that
way.

Quote:
> I open a database (with the record-level locking option
turned on) in
> code using DAO 3.6 and it is definitely page locking.

> If anyone knows how to make it record locking it would be
most
> appreciated.

> Thanks in Advance,

> John Mitchell

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 row-level locking with dao and access 2000
I tried the option but this does not work when running from code.  I am
using VB6, DAO 3.6 and an Access 2000 database which I understand is Jet
4.0.  I have tried it with ADO 2.1 which works well but it requires the
following property to be set:

        Connection.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode") = 1

Does anyone know if there is a property to be set in DAO?

Thanks in Advance,

John Mitchell

Quote:
Conversation: row-level locking with dao and access 2000
Subject: Re: row-level locking with dao and access 2000

>Does anyone know how to get row-level locking with dao 3.6 and access
>2000?

This is the new default.

You can change the option by going to Tools, Options, Advanced.

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   remove "nospam" to reply
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 row-level locking with dao and access 2000
I open a database (with the record-level locking option turned on) in
code using DAO 3.6 and it is definitely page locking.

If anyone knows how to make it record locking it would be most
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

John Mitchell

Quote:
Conversation: row-level locking with dao and access 2000

It was my understanding that it is in Jet 4.0, not DAO 3.6

> Does anyone know how to get row-level locking with dao 3.6 and access
> 2000?

> Thanks in Advance

> John Mitchell

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

Subject: row-level locking with dao and access 2000

Does anyone know how to get row-level locking with dao 3.6 and access
2000?

Thanks in Advance

John Mitchell

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 row-level locking with dao and access 2000
Sorry, your title asked about doing this from Access, not
DAO. DAO does not support this new functionality.

In ADO, just set this prop:

con.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode")

before opening the first connection.

--

Michael

-------------------------------
random junk of dubious value is at:
http://www.trigeminal.com

Quote:
> It doesn't seem to make a difference when opening a db
from vb with dao
> 3.6.  I wrote a little app to test it which I have

attached.  Open a new
Quote:
> project add the form attached add dao 3.6 to project
references and make
> an exe.  Run 2 sessions of the exe, open up the same
database and table
> with them and click the previous and next buttons to see
what I mean.
> When you move through the records it will try to lock each
time.  If
> edit mode = 1 then it is successful in locking.

> John Mitchell

Quote:
> Posted At: Thursday, 13 May 1999 12:13
> Posted To: modulesdaovba
> Conversation: row-level locking with dao and access 2000
> Subject: Re: Hack

> Um, whats wrong with the option in Tools|Options on the
> advanced tab for "Open databases using record-level
> locking"?

> Michael

> > I found a hack but if anyone knows of a better way could
> they let me
> > know?   The hack goes like this:

> > I open the database with an ado connection (a property
> exists for row
> > locking), then I open the database with dao.
Immediately
> after opening
> > I close the ado connection.

> > Because the database is first openned for row locking
any
> subsequent
> > open will also open the database for row locking.

> > This is a hack that shouldn't be required.  If anyone
can
> help it would
> > be most appreciated.

> > Thanks in Advance,

> > John Mitchell

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97 Row-Level Record Locking

2. Row level locking with an Access 97 DB ?

3. Row-Level locking in Access 2002 e VB6

4. Implementing Row Locking using DAO/Access

5. Command Object vs Connection Object for Row Level Locking

6. Command Object vs Connection Object for Row Level Locking

7. Row Level Locking Help???

8. Row Level Locking

9. How to do record/row level locking?

10. How do I apply row-level locking in SQL server with ADO

11. DB2 & VB Row Level Locking

12. Command Object vs Connection Object for Row Level Locking