Using VBA to Create a Contact Folder Distribution List from MS Access
Author Message
 Using VBA to Create a Contact Folder Distribution List from MS Access

I would like to generate a distribution list in the Outlook 'Contacts'
folder using VBA from within MS Access.  I perused the CDO documentation,
but that seems to be focused on messages.  Have I just not turned the right
stone in the CDO documentation?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any comments or references will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Don

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:07:10 GMT
 Using VBA to Create a Contact Folder Distribution List from MS Access
Why not use Outlook object model code? It would make working with
folder based distribution lists far easier.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> I would like to generate a distribution list in the Outlook
'Contacts'
> folder using VBA from within MS Access.  I perused the CDO
documentation,
> but that seems to be focused on messages.  Have I just not turned
the right
> stone in the CDO documentation?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

> Any comments or references will be greatly appreciated!

> Thanks!

> Don

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:00:53 GMT
 Using VBA to Create a Contact Folder Distribution List from MS Access
Ken,

Exactly the kind of pointer I was looking for!  I thought CDO was the only
option.

Thanks!

Don

Quote:
> Why not use Outlook object model code? It would make working with
> folder based distribution lists far easier.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
> Attachment Options
> http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
> Extended Reminders
> http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm

> > I would like to generate a distribution list in the Outlook
> 'Contacts'
> > folder using VBA from within MS Access.  I perused the CDO
> documentation,
> > but that seems to be focused on messages.  Have I just not turned
> the right
> > stone in the CDO documentation?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

> > Any comments or references will be greatly appreciated!

> > Thanks!

> > Don

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 05:45:36 GMT

1. Members property of contact folder distribution lists - returns gobbledygook in lovely looking array

2. Distribution lists in the Contacts Folder

3. Accessing owner of distribution lists and access rights of public folders in Access 97

4. How to create a contact in a Public Folder with VBA

5. A question regarding assigning distribution list to folder access permission

6. How to create distribution list from VBA

7. Creating distribution lists from VBA

8. VBA Display selected contacts/people from a Shared contact list

9. Best way to import large contact list using VBA

10. Importing Contact Lists using VB/VBA

11. How to create a distribution list programmatically using outlook automation

12. Excel VBA macro won't Access Contact List