Debugging - Immediate Pane
Author Message
 Debugging - Immediate Pane

I am trying to do some detailed tracking of a large set of modules, so
I have a number of DEBUG.PRINT statements embedded in them.

Some of these modules are recursive causing the output in the Immediate
Pane of the Debug Window to fill quite rapidly. Since it appears that
only the last 200 or so lines are kept, that's not doing me a lot of
good.

Is there anyway to increase the number of lines shown in the window?

And while I'm at it, is there any "hidden" way to easily clear the
immediate pane? (other than highlighting everything and hitting DEL).

TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging - Immediate Pane

Quote:
>Is there anyway to increase the number of lines shown in the window?

AFAIK, there isn't. You might want to consider writing to a log file
or table instead.

Quote:
>And while I'm at it, is there any "hidden" way to easily clear the
>immediate pane? (other than highlighting everything and hitting DEL).

Debug.Print String(255, vbCrLf)

--
(remove a 9 to reply by email)

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging - Immediate Pane
Ctrl-A will select all.
Then Delete.
--
Joe
Access MVP

Quote:
> I am trying to do some detailed tracking of a large set of modules, so
> I have a number of DEBUG.PRINT statements embedded in them.

> Some of these modules are recursive causing the output in the Immediate
> Pane of the Debug Window to fill quite rapidly. Since it appears that
> only the last 200 or so lines are kept, that's not doing me a lot of
> good.

> Is there anyway to increase the number of lines shown in the window?

> And while I'm at it, is there any "hidden" way to easily clear the
> immediate pane? (other than highlighting everything and hitting DEL).

> TIA

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging - Immediate Pane
Larry,
if you need such big output - maybe better put it to file - open a file for
append and use Print # to put your debug info into it

Alex

Quote:
> I am trying to do some detailed tracking of a large set of modules, so
> I have a number of DEBUG.PRINT statements embedded in them.

> Some of these modules are recursive causing the output in the Immediate
> Pane of the Debug Window to fill quite rapidly. Since it appears that
> only the last 200 or so lines are kept, that's not doing me a lot of
> good.

> Is there anyway to increase the number of lines shown in the window?

> And while I'm at it, is there any "hidden" way to easily clear the
> immediate pane? (other than highlighting everything and hitting DEL).

> TIA

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:24:22 GMT
 Debugging - Immediate Pane
Not in the Debug window.
--
Henry Craven.
--------------------

------------------------------------

Quote:
> Ctrl-A will select all.
> Then Delete.
> --
> Joe
> Access MVP
> Check out Dev Ashish's web site for answers to common questions
> http://www.mvps.org/access/

> > I am trying to do some detailed tracking of a large set of modules, so
> > I have a number of DEBUG.PRINT statements embedded in them.

> > Some of these modules are recursive causing the output in the Immediate
> > Pane of the Debug Window to fill quite rapidly. Since it appears that
> > only the last 200 or so lines are kept, that's not doing me a lot of
> > good.

> > Is there anyway to increase the number of lines shown in the window?

> > And while I'm at it, is there any "hidden" way to easily clear the
> > immediate pane? (other than highlighting everything and hitting DEL).

> > TIA

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging - Immediate Pane
Hi Henry,

Finally rendezvoued.

Quote:
> Not in the Debug window.
> --
> Henry Craven.
> --------------------

> ------------------------------------

> > Ctrl-A will select all.
> > Then Delete.

Get to the bottom most line. Ctrl+End should do it.
Ctrl+Shift+Home will jump to the first line selecting all lines from bottom
to top.
Del

Ananda
http://go.to/ananda

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging - Immediate Pane
and a "Crafty" solution as well Ananda.
:-)

--
Henry Craven.
--------------------

------------------------------------

Quote:
> Hi Henry,

> Finally rendezvoued.

> > Not in the Debug window.
> > --
> > Henry Craven.
> > --------------------

> > ------------------------------------

> > > Ctrl-A will select all.
> > > Then Delete.

> Get to the bottom most line. Ctrl+End should do it.
> Ctrl+Shift+Home will jump to the first line selecting all lines from
bottom
> to top.
> Del

> Ananda
> http://go.to/ananda

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging - Immediate Pane
Quite right.
I was thinking of VB6.
--
Joe
Access MVP
Check out Dev Ashish's web site for answers to common questions
http://www.mvps.org/access/

Quote:
> Not in the Debug window.
> --
> Henry Craven.
> --------------------

> ------------------------------------

> > Ctrl-A will select all.
> > Then Delete.
> > --
> > Joe
> > Access MVP
> > Check out Dev Ashish's web site for answers to common questions
> > http://www.mvps.org/access/

> > > I am trying to do some detailed tracking of a large set of modules, so
> > > I have a number of DEBUG.PRINT statements embedded in them.

> > > Some of these modules are recursive causing the output in the
Immediate
> > > Pane of the Debug Window to fill quite rapidly. Since it appears that
> > > only the last 200 or so lines are kept, that's not doing me a lot of
> > > good.

> > > Is there anyway to increase the number of lines shown in the window?

> > > And while I'm at it, is there any "hidden" way to easily clear the
> > > immediate pane? (other than highlighting everything and hitting DEL).

> > > TIA

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Immediate pane unavailable in user interface

2. Immediate pane

3. Debug info to other than Immediate Window...

4. Debug Immediate window prompt

5. VB5 Immediate Window/Debug Output to File

6. ActiveX DLL Component testing/Debugging (passing collections in immediate window)

7. clearing the Immediate/Debug window ???

8. How do you clear the Immediate (Debug) Window ?

9. Change of focus from the item list pane to the folder list pane in an explorer

10. Increase buffer size of the Immediate Window in Debug mode?

11. System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("test") to immediate window?

12. Baber wants to use his preview pane