Determining Time Zones or Server Time
Author Message
 Determining Time Zones or Server Time

Hello,

In Access 97 (if you have a solution for Access 2000, that would be pumped
as well), I am trying to determine if there is a way to look at a users
system time and determine what time zone their system time is for.  What I
am attempting to do is fire off a timer event on a form when the time is a
specific Mountain standard time.  So, when it is 2:00PM MT, I want to fire
off this timer event when it is 4:00PM ET.  I have users in every time zone,
so I want this event to be fired off at the same time across the country.

If that cannot be determined, then does anyone know of a way to check the
server time (since this access DB resides on a server).  That would solve
all my problems.

Thanks,

Collin

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:54:31 GMT
 Determining Time Zones or Server Time
Hello, Collin!

See the following:
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0024.htm API: Daylight Savings Time &
PreciseDateDiff

http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0051.htm Forms: Clock From Around The
World

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0039.htm API: Retrieve NT Server's Time

http://accesstools.narod.ru

You wrote  on Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:54:31 -0400:

 c> Hello,

 c> In Access 97 (if you have a solution for Access 2000, that would be
 c> pumped as well), I am trying to determine if there is a way to look
 c> at a users system time and determine what time zone their system time
 c> is for.  What I am attempting to do is fire off a timer event on a
 c> form when the time is a specific Mountain standard time.  So, when it
 c> is 2:00PM MT, I want to fire off this timer event when it is 4:00PM
 c> ET.  I have users in every time zone, so I want this event to be
 c> fired off at the same time across the country.

 c> If that cannot be determined, then does anyone know of a way to check
 c> the server time (since this access DB resides on a server).  That
 c> would solve all my problems.

 c> Thanks,

 c> Collin

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:20:06 GMT
 Determining Time Zones or Server Time
Try:
    http://www.trigeminal.com/code/basIntlFormats.bas
Michka has quite a bit of stuff on internationalization.

Quote:

--
Allen Browne (Microsoft Access MVP)
Perth, Western Australia

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:30:51 GMT
 Determining Time Zones or Server Time
Thanks everyone for your response.  It works like a charm!

-Collin

Quote:
> Hello,

> In Access 97 (if you have a solution for Access 2000, that would be pumped
> as well), I am trying to determine if there is a way to look at a users
> system time and determine what time zone their system time is for.  What I
> am attempting to do is fire off a timer event on a form when the time is a
> specific Mountain standard time.  So, when it is 2:00PM MT, I want to fire
> off this timer event when it is 4:00PM ET.  I have users in every time
zone,
> so I want this event to be fired off at the same time across the country.

> If that cannot be determined, then does anyone know of a way to check the
> server time (since this access DB resides on a server).  That would solve
> all my problems.

> Thanks,

> Collin

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:05:21 GMT

1. Daylight saving - winter time - summer time - time zone

2. Daylight saving - winter time - summer time - time zone

3. Daylight saving - winter time - summer time - time zone

4. Determine Time Zones???

5. Determining the Time Zone

6. Add Time zone to time received field in message

7. Time offset for Time Zone display?

8. time zones and daylight saving time

9. Formatting Time to GMT when current Time Zone not known

10. Time & Time Zones

11. UTC time and Time Zones

12. Determining Run-Time/Design-Time mode