Macro Warning : can't shut it out.
Author Message
 Macro Warning : can't shut it out.

Hi all,

I have a simple vba-macro that run's whenever an email is sent, but I get a
warning that macro's might contain virusses every time I start outlook.
Since I made the macro I would like shut the warning out. How can I sign
these macro's as trusted?

Thanks in advance.
Fre.

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:28:46 GMT
 Macro Warning : can't shut it out.
If you're a standalone user, you can't disable the security dialogs that pop
up when an application tries to access certain Outlook properties and
methods. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server or HP OpenMail
environment, you can reduce the impact of the security prompts with
administrative tools. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm.

Since it's an application you wrote yourself, you can use one of these two
approaches to redo the program:

    -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and C++
or Delphi

    -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/)

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi all,

> I have a simple vba-macro that run's whenever an email is sent, but I get
> warning that macro's might contain virusses every time I start outlook.
> Since I made the macro I would like shut the warning out. How can I sign
> these macro's as trusted?

> Thanks in advance.
> Fre.

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:22:56 GMT