Remote Access APIs from MS Access
Author Message
 Remote Access APIs from MS Access

Hi,

I'm searching on info (and examples) of calling RAS API routines from within
MS Access. Can anybody help out ?

Many thanks,
Steve renton

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:55:12 GMT
 Remote Access APIs from MS Access
See if www.mvps.org has anything in the plethora of API declarations.

--
peter walker

ICQ 85542363
various things available from
http://www.users.bigpond.com/papwalker/#Downloads
.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm searching on info (and examples) of calling RAS API routines from
within
> MS Access. Can anybody help out ?

> Many thanks,
> Steve renton

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:32:24 GMT
 Remote Access APIs from MS Access

Quote:
> I'm searching on info (and examples) of calling RAS API routines from
within
> MS Access. Can anybody help out ?

hi steve,

depends on how much control over the dialing, authentification and PPP
settings of your RAS connection you need.

if dialing a RAS connection (that has yet been defined in your
dialup-network folder) from access is all you want, you should probably use
the WININET-API.

try this as a module:

---8<---
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

'
' VBA Interface to wininet.dll
' handle RAS dialing
' jw 10/2000
'

Dim wininetConnectionId As Long

Private Declare Function InternetDial Lib "wininet.dll" _
(ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal sConnectoid As String, _
 ByVal dwFlags As Long, lpdwConnection As Long, ByVal dwReserved As Long) As
Long

Private Declare Function InternetHangUp Lib "wininet.dll" _
(ByVal dwConnection As Long, ByVal dwReserved As Long) As Long

Public Function inetDial(ByVal strPhonebookEntry As String)
    Dim lngHwnd As Long
    lngHwnd = 0
    On Error Resume Next
    lngHwnd = Screen.ActiveForm.hWnd
    inetDial = InternetDial(lngHwnd, strPhonebookEntry, 0,
wininetConnectionId, 0)
End Function

Public Function inetHangup()
    InternetHangUp wininetConnectionId, 0
End Function
---8<---

if you need more controll on the different RAS settings, you should either
directly use the RAS-API in
"rasapi32.dll" or the active-x control "rasdial.ocx" that can be included in
access forms.

hope this helps a little.

ciao

    juergen walch

___

baubranche-online GbR
http://www.baubranche-online.de
fon 01805-543345 fax 0941-7994421

Sun, 20 Apr 2003 02:40:41 GMT

1. Using VB to access MS Access (mdb file) in remote host

2. Accessing current record in MS Access with DDE from MS Word

3. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

4. Link MS Access on PocketPC to Desktop MS Access

5. MS Access on Server/Launch table remote

6. !!!!! HELP - Remote ms-access database connection with vb6 !!!

7. Remote Access API (RasDial)

8. Windows API DLL for Remote Access

9. Remote Access Service API Calls

10. using Routing and Remote Access API from VB.

11. using Routing and Remote Access API from VB.

12. XP Remote Access API Bug Possibility