CDO vs. Outlook Object Model
Author Message
 CDO vs. Outlook Object Model

CDO (cdo.dll) vs. Outlook Object Model (msoutl9.olb)

What direction should I code to? I have to integrate with Outlook
specifically with a VB application. I will be doing some meeting, email, and
contact
queries/imports. Is there reason to choose one over the other? CDO seems to
give more functionality.

~Bebo

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:31:23 GMT
 CDO vs. Outlook Object Model
For me it always depends on the task at hand.  CDO is great because it
exposes objects/methods that are not present in the Outlook Object Model.
In your case, if you don't need to show any items to the user then cdo would
be the direction to go.

Quote:

> CDO (cdo.dll) vs. Outlook Object Model (msoutl9.olb)

> What direction should I code to? I have to integrate with Outlook
> specifically with a VB application. I will be doing some meeting, email,
and
> contact
> queries/imports. Is there reason to choose one over the other? CDO seems
> give more functionality.

> ~Bebo

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:34:35 GMT

1. CDO vs Outlook Objec Model

2. CDO vs Outlook 2000 Object Library?? (Outlook Newbie)

3. Outlook Object Model and CDO

4. Outlook Object Model or CDO

5. using outlook 97 object model with outlook 95?

6. Outlook Object Model in Access + Outlook View Control

7. Outlook Object Model... Need Version of Outlook

8. Calendar Folders and the CDO object model

9. Report Object Model/Viewer Object Model

10. CDO vs Outlook libraries

11. CDO Fields vs. Outlook UserProperties

12. WSH/vbscript vs. The HTML Object Model