Word hangs after Automation from VB
Author Message
 Word hangs after Automation from VB

I am using VB to insert various user selected text items into bookmarks in a
word document (based on a template). After all of the inserting is done I
show the document with this line of code:

    objDoc.Application.Visible = True

Sometimes the word document hangs although I can close it with the X box in
the upper right corner. When it hangs I get no response from mouse clicks on
the menus or from typing on the keybd.

Would it help to issue an activate method like this?

    objDoc.Activate

Thanks,
Tom

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 06:17:00 GMT
 Word hangs after Automation from VB
Hi Tom,

Quote:
> Would it help to issue an activate method like this?

>     objDoc.Activate

You should put this before the .Visible property, yes.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:55:18 GMT

1. Automation seems to hang with Access 97 / Word 97

2. Word Automation Hangs

3. VB Program hangs when I try to unprotect word document with password

4. word vba hanging when passing from browser to word

5. VB Program hangs when I try to unprotect word document with password

6. Access2000/Word2000 Automation Print Hangs

7. VB Automation Using Word 7.0a for Win96

8. Error 458 with Word automation from VB

9. VB / WORD AUTOMATION PROBLEMS

10. starting Word from VB: automation error

11. UK Word/VB/Office Automation Developers Wanted

12. Problems formatting Word table cell from VB automation