Setting W2K folder permissions in code
Author Message
 Setting W2K folder permissions in code

Hello. Is it possible to set permissions for a particular
folder through the VB code in an Access application? I'm
trying to automate the process of creating replicas,
copying frontends, etc. in code, and I got everything to
work except for the permission thing. I just don't know
what command/action/method/etc. (if any) can read/write
these permissions.

I need to set permissions for two specific folders so all
users have complete read/write permissions (here at work
by default the user's My Documents folder is the only one
a generic User can write to). We are using Windows 2000,
and Access 2000. Thanks.

FP

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 03:26:49 GMT
 Setting W2K folder permissions in code
The Win2k Resource Kit has some VB Scripts that may do what you want.

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

Quote:
> Hello. Is it possible to set permissions for a particular
> folder through the VB code in an Access application? I'm
> trying to automate the process of creating replicas,
> copying frontends, etc. in code, and I got everything to
> work except for the permission thing. I just don't know
> what command/action/method/etc. (if any) can read/write
> these permissions.

> I need to set permissions for two specific folders so all
> users have complete read/write permissions (here at work
> by default the user's My Documents folder is the only one
> a generic User can write to). We are using Windows 2000,
> and Access 2000. Thanks.

> FP

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:11:15 GMT
 Setting W2K folder permissions in code
ps. Check the two links under Tools.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/default.asp#sect...

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

Quote:
> Hello. Is it possible to set permissions for a particular
> folder through the VB code in an Access application? I'm
> trying to automate the process of creating replicas,
> copying frontends, etc. in code, and I got everything to
> work except for the permission thing. I just don't know
> what command/action/method/etc. (if any) can read/write
> these permissions.

> I need to set permissions for two specific folders so all
> users have complete read/write permissions (here at work
> by default the user's My Documents folder is the only one
> a generic User can write to). We are using Windows 2000,
> and Access 2000. Thanks.

> FP

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:15:18 GMT

1. Setting Folder Permissions Programatically

2. how to set folder permission

3. Setting NTFS folder permissions using WMI

4. Problems with setting folder security permissions using WMI!!!

5. Set permission for folder

6. How to set access permissions on new folder ?

7. Using VBScript to set permissions on a folder

8. Creating shares & setting permissions on folders

9. set folder permissions

10. Need Script Sample for set Folder Ntfs Permissions.

11. How to set NTFS permissions to a folder

12. ADSI: Setting File/Folder Permissions Problem