Access Access-Objects from Word ?
Author Message
 Access Access-Objects from Word ?

Hi,

How can I access an access-database record within a word macro ?

I want to insert the customer address-fields into a letter-dot.

I tried the method "GetObject" in the following way:

myaccessobject = GetObject(...)
customeraddress = myaccessobject.<FormName>.<Fieldname>.Text

but VB tells me that there isn't such a property.

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Access Access-Objects from Word ?

Hi Andy,

Quote:
> How can I access an access-database record within a word macro ?

Best is to use either DAO (Access/Jet engine-specific) or ADO to
access the records directly (you don't work with Access, just the
data in the MDB file).

You'll find an example using DAO on my website (WdAcc97.zip) that
should help you get started :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Object reference back to Access from Word stored in Access

2. Access to Access objects from Word

3. accessing word document through vb.net using word com object

4. move between Access and Word, back to Access, Close word

5. Copying an OLE object from an Access table to Word via VBA

6. Access 97: How do I edit an embedded Word object through automation

7. Retrieving Access OLE Object data from Word VBA using DAO

8. Inserting an OLE object (BMP file )in Word with access

9. Printing Word Object in Access 97

10. Access OLE object (bitmap picture) stored in table to Word

11. Running Macros on Word OLE objects in Access

12. Word OLE Objects in Access 97