HELP please for contact from Distribution list
Author Message
 HELP please for contact from Distribution list

Hi

I search for my problem for some days, so if somebody can help me...

I must do a vb 6 application who look into local distribution list of
outlook.

This distribution list can be fill with local contact member or with
Exchange server 5.5 GAL contact.

I know how to look into a distribution list to find some information about
contact connected.

BUT, I need to retrieve the "/o=EXCH/ou=CIEZEDI/cn=Recipients/cn=test"
inforation.

When connected contact came from local Contact, I can retrieve it by using

locStr = Right(myDistList.GetMember(y).EntryID, 48)

Set Item = myNameSpace.GetItemFromID(locStr)

myNeedInfo = Item.Email1Address

BUT I CAN NOT FIND how retrieve "/o=EXCH/ou=CIEZEDI/cn=Recipients/cn=test"
inforation if the connected contact came from GAL.

Any help is welcome

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Jean Jourdain

FAST

Sat, 29 May 2004 23:23:15 GMT
 HELP please for contact from Distribution list
That's the LDAP Path and cann be accessed from Outlook Objects.
Using Outlook Objects get the reference to a AddressEntry
and access the Address property.

- Vikram

Quote:
> Hi

> I search for my problem for some days, so if somebody can help me...

> I must do a vb 6 application who look into local distribution list of
> outlook.

> This distribution list can be fill with local contact member or with
> Exchange server 5.5 GAL contact.

> I know how to look into a distribution list to find some information about
> contact connected.

> BUT, I need to retrieve the "/o=EXCH/ou=CIEZEDI/cn=Recipients/cn=test"
> inforation.

> When connected contact came from local Contact, I can retrieve it by using

> locStr = Right(myDistList.GetMember(y).EntryID, 48)

> Set Item = myNameSpace.GetItemFromID(locStr)

> myNeedInfo = Item.Email1Address

> BUT I CAN NOT FIND how retrieve "/o=EXCH/ou=CIEZEDI/cn=Recipients/cn=test"
> inforation if the connected contact came from GAL.

> Any help is welcome

> Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

> Jean Jourdain

> FAST

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 01:56:47 GMT

1. HELP please for contact from Distribution list

2. Help: Extracting Contact info from distribution list inspector

3. getting distribution list from Contacts

4. Outlook Contacts - Distribution Lists

5. Members property of contact folder distribution lists - returns gobbledygook in lovely looking array

6. Distribution Lists - How to displaying individual contacts in To field

7. Distribution lists in the Contacts Folder

8. Distribution List or Contact- Identifying each in a Loop

9. Using VBA to Create a Contact Folder Distribution List from MS Access

10. adding a selected contact to a distribution list

11. Adding a contact to a Distribution List

12. Add a contact to a Distribution List