Writing Exchange Extended attributes
Author Message
 Writing Exchange Extended attributes

I can successfully access the Exchange Extended (Custom)
Attributes
using code like:

    Set oSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
    oSession.Logon ShowDialog:=False, NewSession:=False
    Set oUser = oSession.CurrentUser
    Set oFields = oUser.Fields
    iAttrib3 = oFields.Item(PR_EMS_AB_EXTENSION_ATTIBUTE_3)

but when I try to write new values the following doesn't
work - it does nothing (as far as I can see - not even an
error) :

    Set oUser = oSession.CurrentUser
    Set oFields = oUser.Fields
    oFields.Add PR_EMS_AB_EXTENSION_ATTIBUTE_3, vbString,
CStr(iAttrib3)

Could there be some security issue?

I tried the Sample 3 (address2.zip) from the CDOLive site
(www.cdolive.com/address.htm) for comparison. When I run
it after logging on I see no properties displayed. I am
running Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Professional.

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:36:57 GMT

1. programatically accessing extended Tabledef attributes

2. Extended file attributes

3. Extended attribute

4. File Extended Attributes

5. Getting Extended Attributes From An Ftp Site...

6. OtherMailbox attribute in exchange 5.5

7. How to clean attributes on Exchange directory

8. Writing SQL Server 7 Extended Stored Procedures??

9. Writing a Custom Attribute - Getting the attached class.

10. Writing to exchange server public folder from excel

11. Writing an exchange service.

12. Q: Write Access to addresses from Exchange Client